Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Last wedding sewing (almost) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/last-wedding-sewing-almost-t117524.html)

grammy Dwynn 04-20-2011 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DD is getting married on the 30th (#2). I have been doing a lot of sewing for her - alterations, flower girls dress, table runners and the start of rail fence signature blocks. She does not want a guest book, so the guests will sign blocks.

The blocks are in one basket, and after they get signed they will go into the other basket. THEN after the wedding I will get to put the quilt together for her and new husband. Then all wedding sewing will be behind me.

I have been sewing for this wedding for the last two months, so my quilt projects have gotten a little behind.

wedding signature basket and blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186756[/ATTACH]

katyquilter 04-20-2011 08:44 AM

Have fun at the wedding. Been there, done that - my daughter will be married 3 years on May 31.

Jammin' Jane 04-20-2011 08:44 AM

What a great idea! That is going to be quite a memory quilt! Please show us when you get it together.
Have fun at the wedding!

dakotamaid 04-20-2011 08:45 AM

Do you have freezer paper backing on the white strips? Will make signing them alot easier.:)

katieranch 04-20-2011 08:46 AM

That is a very clever idea!

bluteddi 04-20-2011 08:48 AM

I did 3 in one year... I thought I was going to loose my mind!!

May, Sept, & Dec......

Luckily the only wedding dress I had to make was my dtrs in Sept.... whew.... but altered the brides dress for May....

U need to relax after all this!!!

grammy Dwynn 04-20-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Do you have freezer paper backing on the white strips? Will make signing them alot easier.:)

Yes, freezer paper is on. Even made extra blocks, so non sewers can have more than one chance to sign the blocks :roll: :oops: :lol:

Quilter7x 04-20-2011 08:51 AM

Did you make the baskets too? I just took a class on how to make them and it was great. They're not hard to make, just a little tedious and time consuming.

I think what you're doing is an excellent idea and much better than sending a block to everyone expecting to get every one of them back. This way they aren't leaving the place, so you will definitely get them all back. Great thinking! :thumbup:

QuiltnCowgirl 04-20-2011 08:52 AM

Have fun. Been there...doing that! My nephew is getting married the 30th & I've been helping. Just finished the hemming alterations last night & leave in a few minutes to deliver the dress to the bride. This weekend I'm making all of the pew bows.

grammy Dwynn 04-20-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jammin' Jane
What a great idea! That is going to be quite a memory quilt! Please show us when you get it together.
Have fun at the wedding!

Well, of course I would share with my quilting cyber-sisters. :wink: You might even get to see it before DD. :wink: