Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Lastest Pineapple Blossom Quilt Finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lastest-pineapple-blossom-quilt-finished-t194209.html)

Snooze2978 07-10-2012 11:46 AM

Lastest Pineapple Blossom Quilt Finished

3 Attachment(s)
Hello! This is my first post so bear with me. I just finished a red/black/grey/white pineapple blossom quilt. The pattern is from Bonnie on Quiltville. This quilt is my largest so far, quilted on a robotic system though I made oodles of mistakes on the way so please forgive me. I used the bride's favorite colors for this quilt and backed it with a plain moda black fabric and quilted it with CT Essential Cotton threads in reds. The stitching really shows up nicely on both sides and I'm pleased it came out as well as it did.

Again, I'm new at this hobby and I'm learning from every mistake I make......:-) Hopefully my photos will show up on this email.

lindy-2 07-10-2012 12:00 PM

nice i realy like the back

jbening 07-10-2012 12:01 PM

Beautiful quilt and your gorgeous quilting adds lots of pizz zazz. Not sure about the spelling on that one. LOL

feline fanatic 07-10-2012 12:06 PM

One would never know you are new. What kind of Robotic system do you have? I am always amazed when I read about someone who is new to quilting and has already spent the massive amounts a computer guided LA set up costs.

Your quilt is beautiful and you chose your quilting designs beautifully.

Snooze2978 07-10-2012 12:12 PM

I am using a stretched Juki 98Q on a Grace Pro frame and a PCQ retrofitted MQR robotic system. This is basically my 2nd quilt using this system. The other quilt was also a Pineapple Blossom (can you tell I like this pattern??) using the same quilting patterns.

I started out with a MegaQuilter 9" harp and the PCQ robotic system but had too many problems with the PCQ to the point I was just about ready to give it up. Then I had to put everything into storage as I was selling the house and moving to Iowa from Florida. This took over 3 years to sell, then find another house, remodel and finally move in.

I'm now in the process of adding a dead bar to the frame so another hold up from getting to play with my toys but it will be great once I get it back together again.

Thanks for checking out my quilt. Its getting shipped to Florida tomorrow. The couple doesn't even know its coming.

Suz in Iowa

barny 07-10-2012 12:14 PM

Oh my goodness! That is "drop dead" gorgeous! Wow! I love it. You have done so well. keep on going. Don't stop.

Peggy Jeanne 07-10-2012 12:16 PM

You have two beautiful quilts in one! Your quilting is beautiful!

burchquilts 07-10-2012 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5353999)
Oh my goodness! That is "drop dead" gorgeous! Wow! I love it. You have done so well. keep on going. Don't stop.

May I add "breath-taking" to "drop dead" gorgeous? WOW! The top itself is stunning but your quilt takes it on up to SPECTACULAR! You should be super proud of this beauty! I know the happy couple will love & treasure it for years to come! Kudos!

Tweety2911 07-10-2012 12:26 PM

Both front and back are gorgeous!

gmacindy 07-10-2012 12:32 PM

WOW.. it is beautiful!! If you are new to quilting........you sure have me fooled. I LOVE IT