Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Little Quilt Top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/little-quilt-top-t114961.html)

Scrap Happy 04-10-2011 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
About 7 years ago a non-quilting friend asked me to take beginners quilt class with her as she was interested in quilting and wanted a friend to go with her. Turns out she didn’t like making quilts after all. I made it in Christmas colors. I still have to hand quilt it. I forgot that it was hanging in the closet in the sewing room and re-discovered it a few months ago. I also forgot that there was appliqué involved. I haven’t done much appliqué at all. Appliqué is beautiful but I just don’t’ enjoy the process. Please ignore the wrinkles, it needs to be pressed. The star points are far from perfect! Hope you like it.

Christmas Quilt Top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182136[/ATTACH]

S D G 04-10-2011 07:07 AM

You did a fantastic job on this. It is beautiful.

rootyr 04-10-2011 07:07 AM

Very nice!

cabbagepatchkid 04-10-2011 07:10 AM

I think it's adorable! How large is it?

Lakeview Quilting 04-10-2011 07:11 AM

Very pretty!

QuiltE 04-10-2011 07:20 AM

How nice ... and nicer that you have found it and have lots of time to "get at it" and have it ready for this Christmas!

Welcome back to quilting!

ann clare 04-10-2011 07:21 AM

Love it. Well done.

dar627742 04-10-2011 08:08 AM

very pretty,@the points look good to me!
dar

Scrap Happy 04-10-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid

It's approximately 41" x 41". Glad you like it.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :-P

I have some Christmas fabric and I'm hoping that I have enough of the stripe for the binding. Have never done a "bias" binding before but have found some great tutorials on this site! I think it would look cool if the striped fabric for the binding angled like a candy cane.

feline fanatic 04-10-2011 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid

It's approximately 41" x 41". Glad you like it.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :-P

I have some Christmas fabric and I'm hoping that I have enough of the stripe for the binding. Have never done a "bias" binding before but have found some great tutorials on this site! I think it would look cool if the striped fabric for the binding angled like a candy cane.

That would look great! Bias binding is easy, you will do fine. I haven't looked at the tutes here but IMHO cutting bias strips and joining them together at right angles (so you end up with a diagonal joint seam) is easier then the method where you cut two giant triangles and sew them into a parallelagram, mark it then sew it into a tube and cut one continuous strip from the marked lines. I always seem to have trouble lining up those marked lines correctly when sewing into the tube.