Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Little Twister samples for Quilting Class (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/little-twister-samples-quilting-class-t111685.html)

jdiane318 03-29-2011 05:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I have made several quilts using scraps and the Little Twister Tool. I took one into my LQS and was asked by the owner if I would want to teach a class on using the Little Twister tool. Everyone likes learning a new technique so why not. She said it needed to be small and easily done in 3 hours or less. So I made 4 table toppers/wall hangings. Today I take them in and let her choose the one she wants to use as an advertising demo. Finished them last night. Let me know what you think.

QuiltnNan 03-29-2011 05:28 AM

they are all great. my fav is the third one. wish i could be in the class :lol:

suezquilts 03-29-2011 05:28 AM

I'd love to see the pattern you made for these. The concept is hard for me, although I own both the little and larger one. And I have made one, cut out more for a couple quilts.
thanks

DJ 03-29-2011 05:31 AM

I like the second one because it's different than anything I've seen done with the Lil' Twister. Nice work.

cctx. 03-29-2011 05:31 AM

They're adorable, you did a fantastic job on all of them! :)

cherrio 03-29-2011 05:33 AM

Love these! SIL is army so I will have to make a red/wht/blue but I love the 4th one.

mommamac 03-29-2011 05:36 AM

I like the first one - the sparkly fabrics give it a 4th of July celebration feeling. Good luck with your class - everyone will have a blast twisting!

aborning 03-29-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
I have made several quilts using scraps and the Little Twister Tool. I took one into my LQS and was asked by the owner if I would want to teach a class on using the Little Twister tool. Everyone likes learning a new technique so why not. She said it needed to be small and easily done in 3 hours or less. So I made 4 table toppers/wall hangings. Today I take them in and let her choose the one she wants to use as an advertising demo. Finished them last night. Let me know what you think.

I like the traditional look of the last one the best. I also like the style of the first one--although I am not a fan of red,white, and blue but I bet it would look awesome is colors such as burgundy, rust and navy or burgundy, tan, and green.

aborning 03-29-2011 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318

What size block did you start with for these? What is the finished size? Is this a table topper (Little blocks?) or a lap size quilt (big blocks?)

jdiane318 03-29-2011 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by DJ
I like the second one because it's different than anything I've seen done with the Lil' Twister. Nice work.

The second one was done with red, white, blue, red, white, 2nd row began with white, blue, red, white, blue red, 3rd row began with blue, red, white, blue, red, 4th row was a repeat of row 1, 5th row was a repeat of row 2.

I just took 3 colors, kept them in order and began each new row with the next color in the order. Hope this helps. I was just playing around. I have a huge patriotic quilt/table topper WIP that I hope to complete this week. It was something I thought about, put in on paper but the end result is always a surprise. Thanks for looking.