Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Log Cabin for a friend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/log-cabin-friend-t116714.html)

TonnieLoree 04-16-2011 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted this under the UFO thread as well. Wasn't quite sure if both threads were okay to post for the same item. You can see a bit of yellow around the inside of the border. That was a technique that I just recently saw for making faux piping look. Well, truth be known, if I want to use the piping look again, I will just use piping. This was a bugger to keep even. Since it is so narrow, every wobble showed. At least with real piping, I can use my invisible zipper foot to attach it with. Lesson learned there I guess. Anyhow, it is done, and will be sent off to my friend for her birthday to use in her rustic home.

LC for Joyces BD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185368[/ATTACH]

snicker dee 04-16-2011 09:19 PM

I really like Log Cabins and love yours ... especially your color choice

2 Doods 04-16-2011 09:19 PM

Love the plaids in your cabins! What a wonderful gift for your friend. (How long have you been in LG? We have family in that area)

TonnieLoree 04-16-2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by snicker dee
I really like Log Cabins and love yours ... especially your color choice

Thank you. It is homespun scraps and off white, creams and light tans.

amma 04-16-2011 09:37 PM

Beautiful quilt :D:D:D

litacats 04-16-2011 09:40 PM

very nice I am sure your friens will love it. my first ever quilt was a log cabin quilt as you go. it turned out quite nice

TonnieLoree 04-16-2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Love the plaids in your cabins! What a wonderful gift for your friend. (How long have you been in LG? We have family in that area)

I moved here from Bend in October of 2009. Quite the culture shock for me. Only 2 LQS and Walmart for fabric. Not much for thrift stores either. Most seem to operate as boutiques. $$$ If you ever get over here to visit your family, then come on by. I'm having a hard time making friends here. Not much to do for my generation. :cry: I stay out of trouble with my quilting.

TonnieLoree 04-16-2011 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by litacats
very nice I am sure your friens will love it. my first ever quilt was a log cabin quilt as you go. it turned out quite nice

Since I started this back in 2006, I had never heard of QAYG. Whatever I choose to work on next I will use that method. Love your kitties! Hope they don't grow up to be holy terrors as mine did. :lol:

earthwalker 04-16-2011 10:18 PM

It is beautiful...love the colour combinations and the flash of yellow (even though it did give you a hard time!). Your friend will be really thrilled with it, I'm sure.

quilting cat 04-16-2011 10:22 PM

I like the yellow centers! Haven't seen that color used in centers before. Reminds me of bees collecting pollen!