Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Maria's cosmetic bag for Mommy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/marias-cosmetic-bag-mommy-t103267.html)

ProudGranny5 02-26-2011 11:22 AM

7 Attachment(s)
This is the lastest project that Maria has done for her Mommy! She was shocked when I took out a platter to make the curve for the bag! LOL Hope you enjoy the pictures that I have of her.
Just for those who don't know... Maria is my youngest granddaughter, who just turned 5 this month & she started sewing last summer. Her first project was a felt pincushion that I cut up into squares that she sewed together. It was a real challenge for her & she worked on it for 2 hours... so intense. She then took a permant marker & drew on it for me. I just wanted to make sure she would take interest; so Nana gave her some really hard to sew fabric! I know.. I was mean... LOL This is my prize possession that she first made with me sitting behind her all the way!
I posted a thread of her making a pen/pencil bag that she made for her mommy as well.
Maria has made pillow cases for herself & twin brother, Vinnnie & has made a few easier pin cushions out of blocks. I am so 'proud' that one of my 4 granddaughters has taken up my passion.

Sewing curves
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117282[/ATTACH]

Turning right side out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117283[/ATTACH]

Outside of bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117284[/ATTACH]

Inside which she will sign
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117568[/ATTACH]

Turning bag to get the points
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117943[/ATTACH]

Finished & so proud of herself
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117944[/ATTACH]

Mommy's surprise!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118163[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 02-26-2011 11:24 AM

Holy cow!!!!!!!! She's only 5??? What a darling little girl and she did such a great job!
Love the pics, thanks for sharing :)

Mariposa 02-26-2011 11:24 AM

She is so cute! And proud of her accomplishments! Way to go Grama! :)

lisainmo 02-26-2011 11:25 AM

How wonderful!! I wish my grand daughter was closer so I could share my passion with her. She is a cutie!!

Maggie_Sue 02-26-2011 11:26 AM

What a wonderful time you are both having!! Sew great to see!!!

needles3thread 02-26-2011 11:32 AM

Pretty girl & pretty cosmetic bag......I know you are proud of her.

ProudGranny5 02-26-2011 11:36 AM

Thank you all for your comments. She just turned 5 on the 16th of this month! I had to sew the last ends together as I was afraid she would get her fingers & cut the fabric, but she did the rest.
I have a few other posts of Maria starting out sewing as well. A friend from here said I should post her again, so I did! She is my youngest of 4 granddaughters & the only one that is wanting to learn. Her twin brother, Vinnie, is now winding my bobbins. LOL He loves using the speed pedal as he calls it. He wants to learn too... so I will be starting him soon!

skydiver70 02-26-2011 11:40 AM

What a cutie pie! Her smile lights up the day. She will be so thankful later in life that Grandma took an interest in teaching her. She's got a great start. Thanks for sharing.

butterflies5518 02-26-2011 11:41 AM

Now this is awesome! Way to go Grandma! Plus she is so cute, pigtails and all!

cctx. 02-26-2011 11:43 AM

Wow, amazing work! She's adorable too and has a great teacher.