Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   MATCHBOOK NEEDLE CASES I JUST MADE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/matchbook-needle-cases-i-just-made-t44414.html)

Sue Fish 04-30-2010 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone sent me a site with info about making these and I had to make some right away...
The original info said to use cardstock or scrapbooking card stock and cut at 5 3/4" x 2" and add felt ..I used warm and natural cut at about 2 1/4" x 2" and I used 2 pieces
Fold the card stock down from the top 2 1/4" and up from the bottom 3/4" and insert the felt and staple then fold like a book of matches...
someone suggested using old greeting cards..clever idea

raptureready 04-30-2010 06:48 AM

Those are really cute! What nice stocking stuffers, package embellishments or just tiny "thinking of you" gifts they would make. Several years ago I did something similar with photos. Remember the "index" of prints that used to come with your pictures after the film was developed? I took those tiny little photos and made a mini scrapbook with them and enclosed one of those small magnifying sheets. Everyone thought it was a hoot. These would be far more practical. You could even get some of those tiny zip bags from Micheals and put in them to hold a button or two and some thread. I just may have to "steal" you idea and try it. :thumbup:

paintedquilt 04-30-2010 06:54 AM

Cute :-P

ScrapQuilter 04-30-2010 07:03 AM

Oh soooooooooo cute... will have to try these.
Thanks for sharing.

wvdek 04-30-2010 07:12 AM

Cute idea.

Sue Fish 04-30-2010 07:29 AM

oh your idea is wonderful...I like these because they are so easy to slip in with a card when mailing to a friend also..

Deb watkins 04-30-2010 07:33 AM

Oh, way too cute and a great little gift!

Chasing Hawk 04-30-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Someone sent me a site with info about making these and I had to make some right away...
The original info said to use cardstock or scrapbooking card stock and cut at 5 3/4" x 2" and add felt ..I used warm and natural cut at about 2 1/4" x 2" and I used 2 pieces
Fold the card stock down from the top 2 1/4" and up from the bottom 3/4" and insert the felt and staple then fold like a book of matches...
someone suggested using old greeting cards..clever idea

Oh those are just too cute. What a great idea to send along with one of those fancy handmade pincushions as a gift.

Bobbinwinder 04-30-2010 07:51 AM

Soooo cute! And don't these just prove that the simplest things can be WONDERFUL! I'm thinking that those old calendars that we just can't bear to throw away might cut up nicely too! Thanks so much for posting this great SHARE!

RedGarnet222 04-30-2010 08:19 AM

I love it! What a cute idea. I have some very old ones that were advertisments in with my old sewing things collection. I have a buddy that does lots of those craft fairs, I will have to show her this one.