Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Memory Quilt and Other Projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/memory-quilt-other-projects-t2419.html)

quiltmaker101 09-22-2007 03:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is a follow up to the Memory Quilts thread I started in the Main Forum pages. I wanted to post pics of it now that it is done. (3 more to go from this fabric - 2 are ready for binding, one is still on the design board.) Dena, who was a nurse, was best friend to Laura, who commissioned the quilts. Laura will be giving 3 of them to Dena's children and grandkids in October. The quilts are made from 6 scrub tops that were Dena's and about 40 quarter yards that Laura picked out.

Also, I have been making fall wreaths to sell to a few coworkers. They are silk garlands on grapevine wreaths.

I hope you enjoy them, and maybe get inspired yourself! Fall starts tomorrow!

Wendy

This is a wreath I made this week. I love how they make you look forward to Fall.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]492[/ATTACH]

Detail showing Dena's embroidered name from one of her scrub tops. She passed away over a year ago from cancer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9359[/ATTACH]

Full view of the quilt. It is bordered by footprints in the sand fabric, and the backing fabric is called "Little Angels."
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23396[/ATTACH]

amma 09-22-2007 03:58 PM

Wendy, the quilt is gorgeous, love the quilting :D :D What an awesome gift to give the children, they will treasure these for ever and always :D :D :D Love the wreath, it sure does look like fall :D :D :D

ShellyQ 09-23-2007 01:15 AM

That's a very very beautiful quilt, I'm sure the family will treasure the memories it contains for years to come. Love your Autumn wreath :thumbup: We are just starting spring here, those are my two favourite seasons , Autumn and Spring :D

Pam Pollock 09-23-2007 01:31 AM

Wendy, The quilt is wonderful! I'm sure all your work is going to be appreciated. I've been working on a memory quilt also & it is on my quilting table right now. I have about 1/2 left to quilt & then the binding. I'll be posting it when I'm done. You did such a beautiful job on the quilt & the embroidered name was a very nice touch. I may have to borrow that idea. :-)

Pam

Pam Pollock 09-23-2007 01:32 AM

The fall wreath is beautiful also!

Pam

live2teach 09-23-2007 08:17 AM

The quilt is amazing. I love your idea, that will be something they treasure for a lifetime. I love the quilting too. The wreath is very nice,my favorite time of year is fall and I LOVE anything with fall colors, especially wreaths. Great Job!

Cathe 09-23-2007 08:39 AM

the quilt is beatiful!

quiltmaker101 09-24-2007 05:22 AM

Well, I just realized that this quilt is Amish. I have heard that the Amish make a "mistake" in every quilt because only God is perfect.

Well, now that it is all quilted and bound, I see that I placed the center four patch in the bright yellow lemons block is turned wrong. Duh!

I guess that proves, I am not perfect either!

:oops:

quiltmaker101 09-29-2007 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought I would share the wreath my mother put together for her mother's 88th birthday. I helped pick out all the silk garlands, etc, and Mom put it together.

Gramma Elsie was so pleased and surprised she was actually speechless!

Mom and Gramma with wreath
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57917[/ATTACH]

Papa Don and Gramma Elsie with her 88th birthday present - a Fall wreath.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57928[/ATTACH]

Celeste 09-29-2007 09:04 PM

I love how you placed all those colors together, and those sure are beautiful wreaths! I'll bet your grandma was thrilled!