Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mens shirts Update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mens-shirts-update-t224628.html)

Donnamarie 06-28-2013 04:43 AM

Love the quilt. Love the applique and love basket quilts. I had one thought I'd like to share. Please be sure that your friend is OK with birds. I happen to love birds, I feed them, have some decorator birds in my house, and even put them on the Christmas tree. But, having said this, some people think they are bad luck. I only mention this because my friend received a quilt last week as a retirement gift and won't bring it into her house. She is superstitious and thinks they are bad luck. How sad that someone thought so much of her to make her a quilt and she doesn't want it because it has birds all over it. You just never know.

nabobw 06-28-2013 04:53 AM

LOL love it so far

brod71 06-28-2013 05:42 AM

Great job!

JoyjoyMarie 06-29-2013 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6146480)
Wow, thought I was the only one who had to endure shouting fabric! 22 quilts in line & all of them shouting at me, ugh.
I find putting them in those large ball bags makes them hush now.

Ha Ha - I haven't counted my quilt line up, but whenever I start to do the UFOs, I'll for sure start at least 2 more in the process - go figure! I am trying to get a grip on myself this summer - am working this week on an old one that I took apart last year to redo. I've pieced a back for it and started to mend the front, and soon I'll have it ready for Hand quilting (that's what I like to do on vaca or in front of the TV). Then I'm going to finish the pieced back on the donation quilt that I made with "ugly" fabric that came out cute after all, and then I'm going to get up my nerve and start work on the pile of quilts that are ready to be machine quilted. Your post just made me come out of the closet :) - so thanks for sharing and know you are not alone and you will indeed get past those "voices"

JoyjoyMarie 06-29-2013 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Donnamarie (Post 6148100)
Love the quilt. Love the applique and love basket quilts. I had one thought I'd like to share. Please be sure that your friend is OK with birds. I happen to love birds, I feed them, have some decorator birds in my house, and even put them on the Christmas tree. But, having said this, some people think they are bad luck. I only mention this because my friend received a quilt last week as a retirement gift and won't bring it into her house. She is superstitious and thinks they are bad luck. How sad that someone thought so much of her to make her a quilt and she doesn't want it because it has birds all over it. You just never know.

How weird! And PS - those baskets out of the shirts are SO FINE! I love them, and birds would be terrific too, IMHO.

klgls 06-29-2013 05:00 AM

LOL - You need to submit your post to a quilting magazine! :D

QUILTNMO 06-29-2013 05:49 AM

nice job!!!!!!

cpcarolyn 06-29-2013 06:36 AM

Nice blocks they will be great when finished.

QandE2010 06-29-2013 03:20 PM

Lea, you are so funny. Reading your post made me laugh out loud. I thought I had ghosts in my sewing room, when it was only my UFO's talking, no screaming at me. Do they ever stop?
Be sure to post finished pictures.

solstice3 06-29-2013 05:54 PM

very nice!!