Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Minis for a fundraiser (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/minis-fundraiser-t167740.html)

oksewglad 11-11-2011 05:22 PM

Minis for a fundraiser

2 Attachment(s)
A friend of mine just lost her husband to cancer this past week. Beforehand a benefit was scheduled. I decided to take a few minutes and create something for the benefit on Sunday.

The Lazy Log Cabin's logs are 1/4 " finished, foundation, not paper, pieced. I used a fine spun fabric for the foundation and sewed actual size unfinished pieces to the foundation progressing around the block as if I were making any LC block.

The Crazy Mini Patch blocks measure 1 1/2 inches finished.

QuiltE 11-11-2011 05:26 PM

You never fail to amaze us with your mini's, OK ..... I'm sure they'll bring top $$.
So sorry for your friend's loss ... and what a good friend you are to whip these up for the benefit!!!

Curious? what type of a hanger do you put on your minis?

Robin57 11-11-2011 05:29 PM

Cute and what a cute idea!

joyce888 11-11-2011 05:33 PM

OMG - you must have the most patience of anyone.

oksewglad 11-11-2011 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4668024)
You never fail to amaze us with your mini's, OK ..... I'm sure they'll bring top $$.
So sorry for your friend's loss ... and what a good friend you are to whip these up for the benefit!!!

Curious? what type of a hanger do you put on your minis?

Thanks QE and robin57. Lately I have been putting folded triangles on the back corners as AAQI suggests. Then a little dowel (or even a straw--drinking QE, not bedding!) can be inserted betweeen the triangles and hung on a small pin in the wall. A dull sewing needle works as a handy nail, too, and is much sturdier than a pin, but still makes a mini hole in the wall. I have a couple of wooden hngers I use as well. This hander is about 10" long and the quilt fits between 2 pieces of wood and is squeezed into place by the knobs.

QuiltE 11-11-2011 05:44 PM

Thanks OK ... I have seen those wooden hangers for large quilts, and always wondered how well they work for large size! I've been doing the triangles with dowelling or slats since I learned about them here on QB! As for bedding straw .... hahaha!

I am really wanting to find an antique pitch fork, cultivator, rake etc to mount on the wall as a quilt hanger!!

annthreecats 11-11-2011 05:51 PM

What a sweet donation. Love your minis. Thanks for the information on hanging them. I'm always learning something new on this board.

oksewglad 11-11-2011 05:53 PM

Oh now that's an idea with the fork/rake!

QuiltE 11-11-2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4668113)
Oh now that's an idea with the fork/rake!

And you probably have one/some you could re-purpose!
Someone posted one on the board sometime ago, that they had made using a gun!!

Lynnie25 11-11-2011 06:16 PM

Gladie, your mini's amaze me, I haven't gone that small yet but am working towards it :)

What a good idea for a rake, hanging a quilt on the wall is a much better idea than actually using it :) :)