Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   the mistakes I've made (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mistakes-ive-made-t159946.html)

heyuitsme 10-12-2011 12:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
wanna confess? :-D

actually, looking around here, I'm sure there are very few who make mistakes and even less that leave them in their quilts. :thumbup:

still, if you've got any you want to share...

here are my mistakes....

leaving the salvage edge exposed. the sad part is, I noticed it when it was still an easy fix, but I was in a rush to finish, so there it is. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270116[/ATTACH]

another salvage edge...was really hoping to loose this in the miter edge, but didn't. and didn't have enough to fix it. I like it....it will remind my kids that mommy worked hard on their quilts and made them herself.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270117[/ATTACH]

oops! my second attempt at doing the finishing quilting. thought I had successfully navigated around that one...but apparently not. gotta get hubby's wire cutters and liberate that pin.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270118[/ATTACH]

debbieumphress 10-12-2011 12:23 PM

ROFL. You are so funny. Thank you so much for the giggles. The pin was the best. Poor little pin. I'll have to check my pictures. I know I have secret booboos too on my quilts. Of course I do it on purpose.:(

paulswalia 10-12-2011 12:25 PM

okay, sewing the pin into the quilt is a new one!!!!!Kinda like the other day I read that someone sewed their clothes into the binding.....I'm not laughing at you but WITH you. OH, whre to start with my own.....how about marking with a gel pen - that will be interesting when I try to wash it out!!

Maggiemay 10-12-2011 12:33 PM

I've sewn a pin into a quilt before, but I cut off selvages so I don't have that problem! No quilt police here though! Keep up the good work & have fun!

Judith1005 10-12-2011 12:41 PM

mistakes, what mistakes? i meant to do that. lol (my mother says, no mistakes....it's your signature.) lol, i've signed a few. :lol:

grammiepamie 10-12-2011 12:56 PM

They aren't mistakes, just personal touches LOL

QuiltnNan 10-12-2011 01:10 PM

i've done all of those :)

Kitsie 10-12-2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
ROFL. You are so funny. Thank you so much for the giggles. The pin was the best. Poor little pin. I'll have to check my pictures. I know I have secret booboos too on my quilts. Of course I do it on purpose.:(

Yep, that pin is definitely a me thing, too!

:P :P :P

sammygirlqt 10-12-2011 01:55 PM

Whether we admit it or not, we have all made mistakes that we neglected to fix. Your projects are great so don't fret over it. You might be able to take a dark permanent marker and cover the white selvage and then it won't show very much.I have done everything you have done and more.

ScoutingSquirrel 10-12-2011 01:57 PM

As a child I lost my temper with a particularly scathing teacher and sat down with my sewing, sampler on hessian or similar, and sewed like mad 'to show her' ...

Of course I did sew the whole thing to my skirt and then had to stand there in front of the rest of the class whilst she gradually unpicked it all ...

I'm on my first quilts at the moment, so I'll look at this thread for reassurance when things are going wrong!

Helen