Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   More baby quilts completed.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/more-baby-quilts-completed-t121771.html)

Claddaughquilting 05-08-2011 03:49 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Recently finished these baby quilts for a friend. She wants all her great nephews to have a quilt (9 of them!). I have been slowly working on them. The pinwheel design is one I use a lot, the 4 patch not so much. As for the last one....what do you do with a lot of 2.5 inch squares?? Make this quilt! I also FMQ this quilt (first time...practiced on a few mug rugs first). I think I have the stippling down pat, but not much else!
Hope you like them, thanks for looking, and Happy Mother's Day!!

p.s. decided not to post any pictures of my quilt inspector this time!!

Doggy pinwheel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194766[/ATTACH]

Doggy pinwheel detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194767[/ATTACH]

Daisy 4 patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194779[/ATTACH]

Daisy 4 patch detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194780[/ATTACH]

Ramona Byrd 05-08-2011 03:58 PM

That was a kind thing for you to do for your friend. She must be a VERY good friend. Does she help with the sewiing? Or pay for some of the fabrics?

I can't imagine anyone telling me they want me to make THEIR not so close family a quilt. 9 of them? What about when more children arrive, will you be told to make them each a quilt?

What kind of quilts do you do for yourself? I have a French Canadian friend who tells us of the terrible snows she walked through as a child, and how hard it was to live with American winter clothing when she visited home with her kids. Had to spend a lot of money getting some real winter stuff. So quilts you make should be warm things.

These are pretty ones, and really do look like they will be loved by the children. Do you ever get to see them with their quilts and get pictures of them?

Claddaughquilting 05-08-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
That was a kind thing for you to do for your friend. She must be a VERY good friend. Does she help with the sewiing? Or pay for some of the fabrics?

I can't imagine anyone telling me they want me to make THEIR not so close family a quilt. 9 of them? What about when more children arrive, will you be told to make them each a quilt?

What kind of quilts do you do for yourself? I have a French Canadian friend who tells us of the terrible snows she walked through as a child, and how hard it was to live with American winter clothing when she visited home with her kids. Had to spend a lot of money getting some real winter stuff. So quilts you make should be warm things.

These are pretty ones, and really do look like they will be loved by the children. Do you ever get to see them with their quilts and get pictures of them?

She is a very good friend, but yes, she pays me, and always wants to pay more. I offered to make the quilts and get great pleasure out it, plus it funds my hobby! You have a great idea about pictures of the kids with their quilts, I will ask her.
Yes, we get a lot of snow and it gets pretty cold here. Each winter I say to my husband "We have to move!" but my family is here and it's hard to leave. We are used to it, and we do dress warm...and there are always a few quilts to cuddle up in around my house!
Thanks for looking!

LoriEl 05-08-2011 04:21 PM

Beautiful,bright colors are great for children. Fantastic friend you are!

Sewfine 05-08-2011 04:46 PM

These are all beautiful. The children will love them.

SuziC 05-08-2011 05:03 PM

They are all beautiful. This is a wonderful thing for you to do!!!!

MamaBear61 05-08-2011 05:20 PM

Beautiful quilts.

QUILTNMO 05-08-2011 05:28 PM

THEY ARE ALL SO NICE AND WHAT A NICE THING TO DO GLAD YOU ENJOY MAKING THEM THANKS FOR SHARING MAUREEN

stichinluvr 05-08-2011 05:30 PM

Great quilts! Really love the pinwheel!

Bobbielinks 05-08-2011 05:37 PM

They sure are beautiful!1 Every one of them. And I can relate to the pleasure your friend and you get in making these quilts for the boys.