Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mrs Mail's Flowered Wheat Bouquet...Quilted by Charisma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mrs-mails-flowered-wheat-bouquet-quilted-charisma-t121466.html)

charismah 05-07-2011 09:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
C sent me this quilt 3 of 4...for long arm quilting.

I love the little bouquet of flowers with wheat so I wanted to hightlight those as they are in the main focal fabric. I stippled loosely around them so they would pop out. I of course put leaves in the sashings....I was going to do something different bu the sashing fabrics has the same exact leaf....so I had to do it...again. When something works it just works.
I did light block work and it turned out beautiful! I love the colors and it so reminds me of fall which is my favorite time of year.

I used hobbs polydown batting.
I quilted this on my Innova. No pantogrpah for computer quilting all freehand.

Thanks for looking!

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194183[/ATTACH]

trif 05-07-2011 09:16 AM

Another beautiful quilt which was beautifully quilted. Love seeing your work. Keep posting pics.

feline fanatic 05-07-2011 09:25 AM

I have to say Charismah, when you say the leaves in sashing works, it really does. I love the texture it gives in a sashing area and if you just look at texture without picking out the design of the leaf it really gives a nice interest to the area while framing the blocks, just like sashing should be. I like the work you did the windmill blocks too. Did you use a ruler for the outline of the pieced design?

suebee 05-07-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
C sent me this quilt 3 of 4...for long arm quilting.

I love the little bouquet of flowers with wheat so I wanted to hightlight those as they are in the main focal fabric. I stippled loosely around them so they would pop out. I of course put leaves in the sashings....I was going to do something different bu the sashing fabrics has the same exact leaf....so I had to do it...again. When something works it just works.
I did light block work and it turned out beautiful! I love the colors and it so reminds me of fall which is my favorite time of year.

I used hobbs polydown batting.
I quilted this on my Innova. No pantogrpah for computer quilting all freehand.

Thanks for looking!

Beautiful Charismah!

boohoofish 05-07-2011 09:46 AM

Another gem - thank you so much for posting pics of your work. The people who make the quilts and your quilting are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you again - Carol

Maia B 05-07-2011 11:07 AM

Great top, great quilting. So right about the leaves in the sashing.

terri bb 05-07-2011 11:19 AM

i just love this quilt! the workmanship is excellent and the colors are just perfect! charismah, again, you just leave me speechless again looking at your quilting~~our Lord has given you an amazing gift and i just love to marvel over your work!
fantastic job you two! if no one really has any plans, this beauty can come and hang out at my house for a while! :)

Becca Bear 05-07-2011 11:20 AM

Gorgeous!

emerald46 05-07-2011 11:42 AM

Absolutely stunning!

shemace2901 05-07-2011 11:49 AM

I really like the leaves on the sashing, you both did a great job.