Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mrs Mail's woodsy wildlife quilt...quilted by Charisma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mrs-mails-woodsy-wildlife-quilt-quilted-charisma-t121254.html)

charismah 05-06-2011 09:47 AM

8 Attachment(s)
C sent me this quilt 2 of 4 to be Long-armed.

It is ADORABLE! All of my boys looked at it and thought it was not "cute" cause they don't use that term..it's an insult. They think it is "COOL". :roll: My kids see a lot of quilts and they don't usually comment unless they really like it...so if that means anything C...your quilt got a :thumbup: from my boys!

Anyway, I decided to stipple so I could sneak designs in within the stipple...stars in the sky, trees mixed in with the trees, fish in the with the ducks and fish..water designs with the water.
IN the first border I did the falling leaf design. The outer border is actually a feather design but it looks like a leaf as well..just sort of whimsy ...so I thought it was appropriate.
In the house of course I put several types of designs to look like a roof, window and siding.
I love all the different textured fabrics and critters in the quilt.Lots to work with and so fun to play with designs.

Sorry C the moose eyes fell off when I took it off the frame...but he really is adorable.

I had to take pictures outside because the quilt is so big it doesn't fit in my room. SO the lighting isn't all that great for showing the quilting.

I used Hobbs polydown batting.

I quilted this freehand on my innova. No pantograph or computer quilting.

Thanks for looking!

Carl's Favorite " He loves the owl"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193719[/ATTACH]

borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193721[/ATTACH]

Can you see the fish?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193722[/ATTACH]

I love the red mountains
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193724[/ATTACH]

The cabin in the forrest
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193726[/ATTACH]

Can you see the quilted tree in the forrest?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193727[/ATTACH]

tealfalcon 05-06-2011 09:52 AM

Cute.....oh wait cool. It is really cute

feline fanatic 05-06-2011 09:53 AM

Cute quilt!

Sharon - NC 05-06-2011 09:54 AM

Cute quilt, and the quilting adds so much to it. And yes, I did see the fish. Nice detail!

belmer 05-06-2011 10:28 AM

Love the quilt!

mrsmail 05-06-2011 10:28 AM

Chrisma, Great job. I really like how you did it. I am however mad at myself over the cabin. I wish I would have changed it, before I sent it. It doesn't look much like a cabin! Thank you so much.

charismah 05-06-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by mrsmail
Chrisma, Great job. I really like how you did it. I am however mad at myself over the cabin. I wish I would have changed it, before I sent it. It doesn't look much like a cabin! Thank you so much.

Oh I think the cabin is cute! Don't be hard on yourself!

sandyl 05-06-2011 11:14 AM

Very cute quilt indeed.

timepasser 05-06-2011 11:29 AM

this is just darling, I love it

labug 05-06-2011 11:43 AM

Love it! Great work!