Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mug "Buckets" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mug-%22buckets%22-t163322.html)

grann of 6 10-26-2011 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by azwendyg

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Those are very cute, and a good way to use up excess mugs. But all I can think of is, someone has entirely too much time on their hands if they are making mug buckets. I can't seem to find enough time to finish the quilts I have started.

LOL! I get up EARLY and work on stuff like this before I have to leave for work (like 4 am) while I'm having my coffee. I save my quilt projects for when I'm a little more alert. Although I must admit, I've been working on FMQing a queen-sized quilt for a Christmas present a couple hours at time early in the mornings lately. :shock:

I used to be able to do those things back when my kids were young. Now, being old, I can barely move when I get up, so sewing too early is not an option. My husband used to go to work at 4 AM back when the kids were very small, so I used to get up right after he left and start laundry and get my sewing organized so I could sew during naptime and after everyone went to bed.

arkansasquilter123 10-26-2011 04:16 AM

Those are great. They would make nice gifts!!! Thanks for sharing.

dd 10-26-2011 04:19 AM

I'm making a couple for Christmas gifts also. Are you planning on filling yours. I was think of candy on the inside and maybe a nice pen or something on the outside. I also got a pack of Zebra pens, was thinking of using those. Not sure about what to put in them or just leave them as they are. I like your decorative stitching on the green one. I'm having trouble finding mugs with colored handles at Goodwill. They all have white handles. I did finally find the ones I needed though. It's crazy, their prices run from $.48 to $1.48. I just say, who prices this stuff and put it back on the shelf.lol

jillnjo 10-26-2011 04:19 AM

Such a cute idea! Nice for teachers gifts, I would think, even though I am way beyond those years!!

QuiltnNan 10-26-2011 04:22 AM

:thumbup:

pamesue 10-26-2011 04:35 AM

those are just too cute!

MamaQuilter 10-26-2011 04:38 AM

That is a great idea :)

azwendyg 10-26-2011 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by dd
I'm making a couple for Christmas gifts also. Are you planning on filling yours. I was think of candy on the inside and maybe a nice pen or something on the outside. I also got a pack of Zebra pens, was thinking of using those. Not sure about what to put in them or just leave them as they are. I like your decorative stitching on the green one. I'm having trouble finding mugs with colored handles at Goodwill. They all have white handles. I did finally find the ones I needed though. It's crazy, their prices run from $.48 to $1.48. I just say, who prices this stuff and put it back on the shelf.lol

A little candy and a nice pen is a great idea! I'm been searching for mugs also; I've had some luck at Savers (2nd hand) and the dollar store; no luck at Goodwill here. Some of mine will have white mugs because I can't find enough of the right color/shape either.

blueangel 10-26-2011 04:47 AM

Cool

Judith1005 10-26-2011 05:15 AM

very cute. i bet teachers would find them very useful. and they are super cute to see sitting in your work place. thanks for showing the pattern.