Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My adventure at a Quilt Shop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-adventure-quilt-shop-t111280.html)

CajunQuilter2 03-27-2011 05:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My friend and I took off Friday to a quilt show in Lake Charles, LA which is about an hour and 15 min. away. It was a small but very nice one. After we left we decided to go to the LQS's there. One of them we went to has a computer business in it as well. When we walked in the young man said there was no one in the quilt shop as they were at the show. Naturally I found this fabric that I JUST HAD TO HAVE!!!!! So we asked if he could cut fabric.......Oh no he said, he did not deal with that part of the shop. About that time another man walks in, we find out that it is the son behind the counter for the computers and his dad has come in. So I ask him if he can cut fabric. He say's not really but what did I want he would give it a shot. So I put the bolt of fabric down and between me, him, and my friend we are trying to figure out where the panel ends. So he calls his wife and explains to her what we are getting and she tells him. She also tells him he has to use the scissors and not the rotary cutter. And I know why and I figured he did too. Well he proceeds to cut with scissors but BOTH layers so as you can see he cut off the feet at the end of the patter. So instead of cutting a new piece he just went to the section where the ladies were and just cut another of it out. OH MY IS HIS WIFE GONNA BE MAD.....The son says "Thats why I don't cut fabric. I did something wrong once and mom got mad." LOL The total was 18 and some change. I handed him a 20 and said keep the rest it was worth the extra for the experience. :XD: :XD: :XD:

erstan947 03-27-2011 05:34 PM

What a fun? experience:) But you got what you wanted. Worth the trip:)

Vicki W 03-27-2011 05:35 PM

Tooo cute, I would like to be a fly on the wall when the wife gets back.

wanderingcreek 03-27-2011 05:39 PM

That fabric is absolutely gorgeous! Do you know what it is called or who makes it as I would love to have some of that too!

CajunQuilter2 03-27-2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
That fabric is absolutely gorgeous! Do you know what it is called or who makes it as I would love to have some of that too!

It say on the selvage "Sisterhood of Quilters #6750 by Jody Houghton", web site on selvage is www.LyndhurstStudio.com

fraydknot12326 03-27-2011 05:45 PM

Cute fabric.

clynns 03-27-2011 05:50 PM

I love cute sayings like that. I use them alot for the quilt labels. Especially Loreli pictures.

sew_southern 03-27-2011 11:18 PM

I've seen that at my LQS and like it also. Can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

snicker dee 03-27-2011 11:24 PM

Very funny story !!! Poor guy!!!

Lv2sew2011 03-27-2011 11:40 PM

Love the Fabric, so cute!