Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Baltimore Bliss BOM Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-baltimore-bliss-bom-blocks-t20488.html)

Lisa T 05-24-2009 07:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been downloading these patterns, and made one block but it looked HORRIBLE, so I put it aside. Then I saw SD's really pretty block and got inspired. I cut out the shapes for 3 blocks last night and ironed them on. I will do the machine stitching at the end so I don't have to keep switching thread as much.

I am making it for my mom so I am working out of my comfort zone- she likes red, white and blue. (Her whole log home is decorated in those colors.) I myself prefer clear, bright, graphic colors, so I didn't have much in the way of fabric to choose from. But the last month or so I have been finding bags of quilting fabric at Goodwill and a lot of the fabrics were more Mom's colors. So most of the fabric in here is thrifted!

I would love to see the blocks that other people are making- I was thinking of making one for myself, too, but don't know if I am that ambitious! LOL!

This one I switched up a little bit from the original. I messed up on cutting so I rearranged til I got something that worked.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33153[/ATTACH]

Lisa T 05-24-2009 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the ugly one, along with the top of my son's head. Lest anyone disbelieve that it looked bad. LOL!

RedGarnet222 05-24-2009 07:14 AM

I don't think it looks bad at all! Once the stitching is added, it will pop. I like it.

Your mom is going to love her quilt. How nice you are making this for her.

tlrnhi 05-24-2009 08:13 AM

I love ALL the blocks.
The one you call ugly could actually be done with all those colors and it would make look older than it is. Hmmm......did I say that right?

dvseals 05-24-2009 08:15 AM

Those are pretty.
I understand what you mean TL :) and yes it would.

tlrnhi 05-24-2009 08:17 AM

There's just something about the colors/fabric of that block that looks vintage.

Lisa T 05-24-2009 08:27 AM

Yeah, I see what you mean TL- it would look like an antique/repro, but it didn't photograph quite true. In RL the yellow looks too bright.

Anyway, I like the others MUCH better.

If anyone wants the ugly one, I will send it to them! LOL! PM me your address. Free! I'll even cover the stamp. I don't like it but I don't want to throw it away. But I warn you- it's uglier in RL than it looks on here.

Tippy 05-24-2009 08:56 AM

I just think some of the prints in the "ugly" one are getting lost. If you do the stitching around it with a bit bodler colors you won't lose the design . They are all beautful.

Butterflyspain 05-24-2009 09:57 AM

Like everyone said they all look lovely and someone else said put bolder colours to outline the design when you sew them.

Elle

sewnsewer2 05-24-2009 10:15 AM

Those are very pretty, can't wait to see it finished!