Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Dear Jane quilt, 'Jane, Past and Present' (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-dear-jane-quilt-jane-past-present-t55808.html)

annieshane 07-24-2010 08:32 PM

To say this quilt is stunning is such an understatement. Your work is exquisite to be sure. Can't imagine doing this with machine in that length of time...and you handquilted this!

Do hope you will put this on display with quilt guild. Surely is a winner.

JCL in FL 07-24-2010 08:40 PM

Hats off to you! It's gorgeous. You must have spent day and night working on this one.

akgranny 07-24-2010 09:03 PM

amazing! i've clicked on it -- saved it to my this pattern i gotta have album.

omak 07-24-2010 09:46 PM

OH!
It is BEAUTIFUL, Miss Lacelady!
You always do beautiful, wonderful work, but this one really shows off your obsession for quality effort.
Good show! <wave>

pittsburgpam 07-24-2010 10:07 PM

I am in awe that you did it so quickly AND hand quilted it!! It is lovely and I know it will be treasured for along time. Wonderful job.

quilterguy27 07-25-2010 12:37 AM

amazing! stunning! georgous! way out of my expertise level. don't think i'd have the patience to do something so intricate. but thanx 4 sharing. you did a fantastic job!

AkAngel 07-25-2010 01:05 AM

Wow, what an incredible piece of art. An heirloom to be cherished for sure.
Muriel

zz-pd 07-25-2010 01:50 AM

That is a stunning quilt, and you did a beautiful job on it. thank you so very much for sharing. God bless. Penny

gcathie 07-25-2010 01:50 AM

applaud....standing ovation....admiration.....wonderful....congrats... .Quilting Queen....<3....:-)

Lacelady 07-25-2010 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Lesley, Your DJ is beautiful - AND finished!!! I am jealous. I started mine in 1997 and am still working on it. I haven't always been working on it. Brought it out a couple of weeks ago and it's not going back - I'm going to finish it this time. I have about 140 or so of the blocks done , none of the border triangles. All the remaining blocks are cut out as I cut everything out back in 1997. Put each block in it's own sandwich baggie. The guys in the program marvel at the size of the blocks.

The program is in a state prison and I have 200+ men who get paid to make 40" square quilts - perfect laprobe size. We have donated over 8000 quilts since the program began 8 1/2 years ago. I've been running it for nearly 8 years. Everything is done by hand except attaching the binding for the first step. They are allowed to use rotary cutters and scissors, but the tools all live in a locked and very secure cabinet when I'm not there. They can't get to them. This is the reason for my screen name.

Again, your Dear Jane is awesome!!!

Kathy

Hats off to you Kathy for all the work you are doing with those men. I believe there is a similar programme in London, but with a much smaller group. One of their quilts was on display recently in the Victoria and Albert museum. But 8000 in 8 years is a great result. Have you posted any threads on what you (and they) do? If so, I have missed them and would love to know more.