Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my first quilt ever! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-ever-t25196.html)

daisyboo9 09-07-2009 08:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took a beginner class in quilting last september, it was a sampler quilt that I must have redone the thing 3 times over before I was satisfied. I decided to hand quilt it and as of today I am only halfway there. I can't seem to get enough tops done!

sharon b 09-07-2009 08:48 PM

I Love it :lol: And very Christmassy GREAT JOB ! Better to take your time and get it exactly the way you want it , than to rush and be unhappy forever over it :wink:

live2quilt 09-07-2009 08:49 PM

Great job! Looks very nice, Wished my first looked that good.

live2quilt

Lucky Patsy's 09-07-2009 09:25 PM

Nice colors and use of fabric!

amazon 09-07-2009 10:01 PM

Nice colors! Love!! love!! the polka dot border, beautiful.

Lisanne 09-07-2009 10:29 PM

It's great! It looks like you got to learn a lot of different techniques/blocks.

I confess to being a little jealous. My beginner class only made a table runner, with only nin-patch blocks.

I'm curious about your class. Was it at a LQS? How many lessons did it have? And may I ask how much it cost?

SulaBug 09-07-2009 10:35 PM

What a beautiful project!! :D I just
love your quilt. It is going to be so
nice when you finish hand quilting it.
Thank you for sharing with all of us.
:D :D :D :D :D

sewhappy57 09-07-2009 10:36 PM

Very well done! Bravo Bravo! I really love the polka dot border.
You MUST be very proud! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

daisyboo9 09-08-2009 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
What a beautiful project!! :D I just
love your quilt. It is going to be so
nice when you finish hand quilting it.
Thank you for sharing with all of us.
:D :D :D :D :D

I wanted to do a quilt so as usual I jump in with both feet and signed up for a beginner sampler quilt class. I believe the price of the class itself was $75 canadian, cost of supplies were extra. It was 10 or 12 consecutive weeks and you could choose what size quilt you wanted to make. The great thing about it was that there were ladies at the class with varying degrees of knowledge and experience so the beginners had supplemental teachers there. I did all the required blocks which in the beginning was the nine patch and the log cabin, and rail fence. Problem for me was that as I went along I wasn't happy with my first blocks and decided to leave them out. Thats why I ended with a lap size. The applique block I was really happy with and decided it needed to go in the very centre and thats why its only nine blocks altogether! All in all I am very happy with the way it turned out, even with the mistakes in it....I think its a good way to judge my progress over time.

Stitcher Jen 09-08-2009 05:05 AM

Such an inspiration! This is beautiful! I hope my class turns out to be as informative as what yours was. I start on Thursday.