Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first quilt top since my accident in april! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-top-since-my-accident-april-t202535.html)

twinkie 10-07-2012 04:57 AM

My first quilt top since my accident in april!

2 Attachment(s)
Although the pictures are not very good, this is the first quilt top I have made since I fell and badly injured both shoulders. My Grandson is in the Air Force and stationed in Alaska. He is getting married this month and I made this for him and Kelly. It is at the LAQ now and being quilted with stars. Hope I can get the binding done in time for the wedding. Wish me luck. Maybe I can post better pictures after it is finished. over 75% of the patriotic fabric (including the cornerstone panels) is from the 50's and 60's. The center rail fence was already cut out for a vest size small (definitely not my size) and never sown together. Knowing I wouldn't use it for a vest, I cut it into strips. The eagles and the hearts (in the lower right corner of the close up picture) that are appliqued in the corners of the center section are secured with a blanket stitch. The colors in the close up of the cornerstone are a lot closer to the real color. I hope they like it. And, thanks for looking

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368138[/ATTACH]
It isn't crooked on the right, it just looks like it is

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368139[/ATTACH]

gollytwo 10-07-2012 04:59 AM

You did a great job. They'll love it.
Good luck with your recovery.

Phannie1 10-07-2012 05:04 AM

Very nice. My dad was in the Air Force and he would have loved to get a quilt like that. Hope you are healing ok after your accident. Again very lovely quilt.

Blinkokr 10-07-2012 05:05 AM

Just love the quilt, great job and thank you for sharing. Old Navy gal here married to an old Navy guy.
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

twinkie 10-07-2012 05:16 AM

I didn't have a pattern and just started to make a lap quilt when I found the pillow squares. I just couldn't leave them out so now it will be a bed quilt. I have heard of QAYG (quilt as you go), but I just did PAYG (piece as you go) LOL.

QuiltnNan 10-07-2012 05:28 AM

nicely done

Diane007 10-07-2012 05:48 AM

Good luck with your recovery

nice

Tartan 10-07-2012 06:09 AM

Great quilt and good luck with your recovery. I don't know what I did to my shoulder in June but it has finally recovered and I try to be careful with it now. I have the odd day that it is still uncomfortable but thank the good Lord it is better!

twinkie 10-07-2012 06:22 AM

Good luck with your shoulder. But, don't take any chances with it. I destroyed both of mine in a fall and have had three surgeries since then. Cannot use my arms at the shoulders much yet and am still having therapy. If you suspect something is wrong with them, don't put off seeing an orthopedic doctor. It will only get worse. I cannot life over 2 lbs with either arm. Please take care.

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5568117)
Great quilt and good luck with your recovery. I don't know what I did to my shoulder in June but it has finally recovered and I try to be careful with it now. I have the odd day that it is still uncomfortable but thank the good Lord it is better!

twinkie 10-07-2012 06:23 AM

Diane, is your avatar quilt a patriotic one? I cannot tell

Originally Posted by Diane007 (Post 5568047)
Good luck with your recovery

nice