Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first real attempt at free-motion quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-real-attempt-free-motion-quilting-t200281.html)

rural01 09-17-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 (Post 5514367)
Very pretty! The quilting looks great and I love your color choices.

Thanks MimiBug. I love every aspect of quilting, but really love that first step--the color choice. That can make or break a project. Can't go wrong with monochromatics. Besides, the greens matched the dining room. :-)

rural01 09-17-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by sewgarden (Post 5514376)
Very pretty and love your vines.

Thanks for your kind words sewgarden.

rural01 09-17-2012 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 5514829)
Wow...first time..you did great!!! I have been FMQ'ing for two years now and still just do a simple meandoring...you are brave and did a wonderful job!

Thanks Carol. The first time I saw FMQ, it had to be 10 years ago. It has always been in the back of my mind that I wanted to try it. I love how it looks. Now that I have my feet wet, I'm anxious to jump into another project.

rural01 09-17-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by JBeamer (Post 5517520)
Looks great. Love the pattern, colors and the quilting. I been to scared to try FMQ.

Thanks J, but don't be scared. Like anything else, it is only intimidating until you do it. Once you do, you will wonder why you waited so long. At least that is what I'm wondering.

BrendaK 09-17-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 5509501)
I love your leafy vines and your selection to put it on the dark green strip makes it pop! You first attempts at FMQ are inspirational. I can just imagine what you will accomplish with more practice.

Ditto. BrendaK

Veronica 09-17-2012 08:21 AM

Wow!
You did a great job.

terri bb 09-17-2012 08:53 AM

that is kick butt awesome for your first time! its very "freeing" isnt it? i will always be amazed at the talent of the people here on the board. they have given me some wonderful ideas! you keep going! and i really love the yellow quilt. so i was thinking....snuggle with it while you piece another! :)

rural01 09-18-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica (Post 5521154)
Wow!
You did a great job.

Thanks Veronica. It was a fun project.

rural01 09-18-2012 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by terri bb (Post 5521229)
that is kick butt awesome for your first time! its very "freeing" isnt it? i will always be amazed at the talent of the people here on the board. they have given me some wonderful ideas! you keep going! and i really love the yellow quilt. so i was thinking....snuggle with it while you piece another! :)

Thanks Terri. I can see where it would be freeing, as time goes on and I get more practice. Truthfully, it was actually rather stressful, but I do see the possibilities. They are actually endless. Like drawing or painting, this does have unlimited potential...You are right about this board. There is some breathtaking work being created here. It is so inspiring and uplifting...I can't wait to start piecing another quilt. I'm thinking purples and Dresden plate. In fact, I have been thinking about it for some time. I love hand work, so I think it might be nice to have a bunch of fans to applique all winter. The notion of snuggling with a quilt while making another is positively perfect.

Jammin' Jane 12-11-2012 01:23 PM

It looks wonderful! Nice job! :)