Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Goodwill Happy Dance Item (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-goodwill-happy-dance-item-t115331.html)

redturtle 04-11-2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
You folks must have better Goodwills than we do ... never any antique sewing machines. Sometimes there's semi-modern ones.

And never any decent fabric ... you wouldn't believe the garbage fabric there is, IF there is any at all.

I often wonder if the volunteers scoop the finds before any of the rest of us get a chance! :)

i sometimes wonder the same...supposedly they are not allowed to do that...but....where is all the good stuff?

QuiltE 04-11-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by redturtle

Originally Posted by QuiltE
You folks must have better Goodwills than we do ... never any antique sewing machines. Sometimes there's semi-modern ones.

And never any decent fabric ... you wouldn't believe the garbage fabric there is, IF there is any at all.

I often wonder if the volunteers scoop the finds before any of the rest of us get a chance! :)

i sometimes wonder the same...supposedly they are not allowed to do that...but....where is all the good stuff?

I hear ya ... and I know I have given REALLY GOOD STUFF ... though never fabric. I know one lady who works at one of the ones I frequent who is a quilter .... I have my suspicions!

While they can't scoop the stuff ... who says they don't walk out the door as a volunteer and walk back in as John Q. Public, to make their purchases?

... not trying to trash our volunteers ... just having a bit of fun!!!! :0

cathyvv 04-11-2011 02:39 PM

"Commander" is a good name. We all know our sewing machines really run our lives...

QuiltE 04-11-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
"Commander" is a good name. We all know our sewing machines really run our lives...

More like they ... Commandeer our lives!! :)

sewbizgirl 04-11-2011 03:14 PM

It appears to be a Japanese clone of the Singer 15... those were good machines! See if you can find "made in Japan" on it anywhere. I'm trying to buy an old Sears Kenmore that looks just like that, plus some decals. It is a Japanese 15 clone, too.

katiebear1 04-11-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by jackied
Ok, that does it. Gonna have to drop into the local Goodwills often and see if I can find any bargains. There are 4 around here I could easily go to.

Yeah, I have a couple within 20 minutes. I just haven't gone yet. I have to "be in the mood" to do ANY kind of shopping. I had better get "in the mood" as my pantry is getting pretty bare. Used to love to grocery shop and plan out meals. Now all the supermarkets are SOOOO hugh sp? that I am exhausted before I even finish :)

nawnee_00 04-11-2011 03:44 PM

Yes it was made in Japan.I haven't looked it up yet so thank you very much for the info. And ladies/gents for what it's worth, consider yourself touched.....

jljack 04-11-2011 03:47 PM

Wow...she's great!!! Vintage machines are so much fun to investigate.

AngieS 04-11-2011 03:53 PM

That's a nice machine! Good for you! :) I haven't ever found anything like that either, but you have to go in order to find...right? I am hoping to run by there tomorrow....maybe.

nstitchs 04-11-2011 03:55 PM

Amazing find. I am a regular thrift store watcher.