Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Last Hurrah!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-last-hurrah-t107790.html)

cjaye44 03-15-2011 05:08 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Last Friday I was checking the CL for any interesting yard/estate sales and came across one listing "sewing stuff" that started Sat at 7Am. So I was there at 6:55 with my $20 bill in my pocket. Money is tight these days :cry: . It was very disorganized with no prices on anything at all. I spied a small wicker basket filled with sewing notions and a 3 shelf stainless steel cart on wheels as well as a June Taylor "Quilter's Square n Blocker". When I asked about a price for these 3 items she said whatever. Then she said that if I was interested in sewing "junk"...(her very words), to go into a small closet off the kitchen door. OMG. The lady who had lived there had been a QUILTER. The only drawback was there was no electricity in the house and that tiny room was pitch black. That didn't deter me one little bit...I went and got my flashlight out of the car. And spent the next 3 hours amassing my stash in the empty bedroom next door!!! Would you believe that there was no one else interested in this?? A few stuck their head in, took a look and backed out again. Finally, I was getting tired and decided to call it quits...it was overwhelming by that time. The next 9 pictures shows what I got for $105.00. BTW, I had to go to an ATM and transfer the money from my savings to checking to a cash withdrawal because she wouldn't take a check. Here's the first three...

no picture of the cart-it's still in the trunk
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170052[/ATTACH]

the wicker basket that started the whole thing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170054[/ATTACH]

BeeNana 03-15-2011 05:14 AM

My! I wish I had been there. What a great time and good sale.

CarrieAnne 03-15-2011 05:15 AM

WOW~GREAT finds!

donnajean 03-15-2011 05:16 AM

Congratulations on being in the right place at the right time. Scarry, as I have no relatives in my area & this could be my Estate sale some day.

Claddaughquilting 03-15-2011 05:16 AM

OMG!! This is the dream I have that never comes true!! You have given me hope to keep looking. Congrats, what a deal. It is amazing how many people do not appreciate this type of stuff.

Longarm 03-15-2011 05:19 AM

Lucky you!

amazon 03-15-2011 05:20 AM

I think you hit the motherlode! Congrats, looks like you will be busy for a while. Don't forget to let us see what you create from this :-D

JenelTX 03-15-2011 05:23 AM

FUN! That's how I got most of my quilting stuff, too. (Which I have yet to use... long story.) I bought them from the estate of a woman whose family had no interest. Your haul is bigger, though! Woo hoo!!!! Fun!

PurplePassion 03-15-2011 05:24 AM

So glad you could rescue all this nice stuff . She obviously didn't know anything about quilting.

erstan947 03-15-2011 05:28 AM

A find of a lifetime! Enjoy:)