Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

SewCraftyGirl 03-06-2013 07:55 AM

I can't decide what I enjoyed more.... your quilt blocks, or the titles! Both made me laugh out loud and put a smile on my face!

Candace 03-06-2013 07:57 AM

Martina, are you going to put it in a local show? I'd love to see it in person and buy you lunch:>

Helen S 03-06-2013 08:23 AM

OMG! Too funny, but great imagination! lol You might try googling "cartoon images of arrows" or just "images of arrows" for ideas.

MadQuilter 03-06-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5908734)
Martina, are you going to put it in a local show? I'd love to see it in person and buy you lunch:>

Hm, I wonder if it would be accepted. But regardless, once I have it done, I'd be glad to show it to you. We'd finally get to meet.

tutt 03-06-2013 10:30 AM

LOVE, Love, love it!! I think the people posting negative remarks have drank the media "kool aid". I think every TV show my brother made me watch in the 50's had someone killed and neither one of us grew up to be evil killers. The Rifleman alone killed on average 1.46 person per episode. I feel confident that killing off Sue will not result in mayhem and muder. Enjoy and have fun, it's sure fun for us to watch!

gramadona 03-06-2013 12:28 PM

LOL... Love your KSBS blocks Martina!!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Trene 03-06-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by GeeGee (Post 5907271)
How many ways can you kill Sunbonnet Sue? This post is like the woman who shot her boyfriend, stabbed him 27 times and then slit his throat ear to ear. Guess she had the same sense of warped humor. I find this post very disturbing and equally disturbing are the people who think it is funny. I think it sends the wrong message to our children and future quilters!!! Quilting is suppose to be positive, not evil.

Quilters are people! Quilting does not make us good or bad - it is a skill and an artform, and there are as many differnt types of quilters as there are people! I found the blocks slightly disturbing, but I find the gross generalization that quilting defines me even more disturbing. I can not read this thread if I am too disturbed by the images, but I admire the creativity and enjoy hearing about how other people view them - even those I disagree with!

BellaBoo 03-06-2013 01:14 PM

Now it's Hello Kitty's turn to meet the same fate! LOL

MadQuilter 03-06-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5909454)
Now it's Hello Kitty's turn to meet the same fate! LOL

My sister would be on board with that. She HATES HK so much that she refers to her as "Hello S*itty"

BellaBoo 03-06-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5907045)
My colleague at work just turned me on to artist Edward Gorey He created "A very Gorey Alphabet book in 1963. It is so delighfully dark.

I read Edward Gorey books to my kids! I was a fan of Edward Gorey because my grandmother thought he knew exactly how we all wanted to think at one time or another. She loved the Elliptical Bicycle story. It's my favorite too. My kids discussed that book for years as what each chapter could mean. If you like Tim Burton you will love Edward Gorey.