Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

BellaBoo 03-06-2013 01:59 PM

I remember at my grandmother's house she had a pantry in a short hall way from dining room to kitchen. She had a curtain for a door to the pantry. It was dark in there and when we kids were acting up she would say I'm going to let the pantry troll grab you if you don't straighten up. We were all scared of the pantry troll and wouldn't go pass that curtain for anything. Even as we got older we were cautious about passing through there without thinking of the troll that was hiding and waiting to get us. LOL. That is what makes memories with every detail clear as a bell. All my sibling and cousins remember the pantry troll and knew to behave immediately. We didn't mess with Grandma. We all thought she was brave to have a troll in her pantry.

javin22 03-06-2013 02:35 PM

Are you entering a contest? That is quite mad.

karenpatrick 03-06-2013 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by tutt (Post 5909139)
LOVE, Love, love it!! I think the people posting negative remarks have drank the media "kool aid". I think every TV show my brother made me watch in the 50's had someone killed and neither one of us grew up to be evil killers. The Rifleman alone killed on average 1.46 person per episode. I feel confident that killing off Sue will not result in mayhem and muder. Enjoy and have fun, it's sure fun for us to watch!

Agreed.****

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-06-2013 04:12 PM

OMG!! Too Funny! And Twisted! I like it!

cowgirlquilter 03-06-2013 04:13 PM

Oh my goodness!!!!!!

MadQuilter 03-06-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5909538)
I remember at my grandmother's house she had a pantry in a short hall way from dining room to kitchen. She had a curtain for a door to the pantry. It was dark in there and when we kids were acting up she would say I'm going to let the pantry troll grab you if you don't straighten up. We were all scared of the pantry troll and wouldn't go pass that curtain for anything. Even as we got older we were cautious about passing through there without thinking of the troll that was hiding and waiting to get us. LOL. That is what makes memories with every detail clear as a bell. All my sibling and cousins remember the pantry troll and knew to behave immediately. We didn't mess with Grandma. We all thought she was brave to have a troll in her pantry.

We had such a creature (the hippelkratz) in the basement in the furnace room. It only came out during Christmas. (YES, I HATE CHRISTMAS TOO) In reality, it was my grandpa scraping at the heater vent but when you are little and you have an imagination........

miriam 03-06-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5909873)
We had such a creature (the hippelkratz) in the basement in the furnace room. It only came out during Christmas. (YES, I HATE CHRISTMAS TOO) In reality, it was my grandpa scraping at the heater vent but when you are little and you have an imagination........

my son used to freak out about the basement. One day I got him down there - he was trembling something awful. He pointed to the furnace and with wild fear filled eyes said 'meter man, meter man...' He was 2 or 3. One day a month the gas meter reader would go door to door and yell 'meter man' I hope he is over it by now it's been at least 35 years.

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-06-2013 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by WTxRed (Post 5903917)
Good for a smile and a chuckle! I'd love to be a fly on a wall in about 100 years when someone pulls this quilt out to look at it! ROFL

Can you imagine? Imagine if it shows up in a quilt show as an antique quilt? Would love to be there when that happens!

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-06-2013 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5904008)
Oh, so you are helping by giving me more ideas? lol

I actually have some more ideas. The shower scene in Psycho came to mind this morning. And then I want to put her in a rough play scene with Raggedy Ann, Raggedy Andy, Strawberry Shortcake and the Sock Monkey where they have SBS by the limbs and are tearing her apart. I have no idea where these thoughts are coming from. I'm really not a violent person. hehe

You go girl!

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-06-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5908018)
I love these blocks I hate the ones which are so .....pretty.
How about on the rack to stretch her or hung drawn. And quarter her as the nobles in England had done to them. They only died on the quartering after so long.
The horrible histories are full of these stories which children love .keep going.

Ooooh! She could be drawn and "fat quartered". And how about Sue walking the plank? Or keel-hauled to keep to a maritime theme. Sorry, getting carried away here....