Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

MadQuilter 03-10-2013 10:14 AM

I'll leave Barbie to another quilt-assassin. lol Gotta share the wealth, after all.

mtngrl 03-10-2013 01:34 PM

Hi Mad! I can't believe how many people take your creativity seriously. I love it! So glad I finally saw all of the blocks together but haven't got the energy to read so many people dissing your work. I have strong moral and Christian beliefs too but I do appreciate a keen sense of humor, you have it my friend :) That being said, I have always found SBS way too cutesy and from now on when I see one, I will chuckle remembering your rendition. Carry on, I think it is the perfect therapy!

Nanad5 03-10-2013 06:11 PM

My hubby was just laughing as I showed him the pictures. While I don't care for SBS... I would not consider "harming" her, your creativity and work are amazing.

Btucker2714 03-10-2013 08:02 PM

"The Birds" scared the daylights out of me years ago. It's very artistic, however I would have nightmares if I had to use a quilt like that!

kensington 03-10-2013 08:33 PM

I would say that these are insane, but I don't want to make you mad. Thank goodness my name is not Sue! Oh my!

MadQuilter 03-10-2013 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5920140)
I would say that these are insane, but I don't want to make you mad. Thank goodness my name is not Sue! Oh my!

I promise that you are perfectly safe. ROFL

Ducky 03-11-2013 10:30 AM

Ah, yes. This is the Mad I know and love. Excellent work. You're much more creative and talented than I was with this.

ligia 03-11-2013 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer (Post 5917833)
Then please do not attempt the disappearing nine patch pattern. Cutting up a tradition quilt block would be contradicting your statement. Ruining everything?? REALLY?

:D:D:thumbup:

barbgooch 03-11-2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 5901857)
Hilarious! I would never make one but my youngest feels towards Barney the same way you do towards SBS!

What a wonderful idea! My daughter absolutely hates Barney. Maybe I could do one for her that kills of Barny like SBS!

purple_butterfly 03-11-2013 05:37 PM

I have a friend who is obsessed with SBS and would see red if she saw these, but I find them hilarious! :D

Everyone's opinion is viable but we have to keep everything in perspective and draw a line between reality and creativity. I love horror movies and crime shows but I also shed tears when I see some news stories or animal rescue shows. Draw that line and keep them separate as they should be.

Mad, I think you've handled yourself with dignity and poise through this thread. :thumbup:

Hmmm....I would love to see a teletubbies quilt done like this.....