Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

Brett Quilts 03-11-2013 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by LynnVT (Post 5907020)
These are hilarious! Who ever said there is not violence in the quilt world? Well, also nobody who ever read some of the great quilt murder mysteries, along with these dee-lightfully nasty blocks. Such great embellishment, and so clever. I must say the eyeball kinda grossed me out, but it's all in fun.

Once saw a play about this - LOL!

deanneellen 03-11-2013 07:19 PM

Read all the posts and am amazed at the different responses from people. I am not a big SBS fan cause she is just too cutesie for me but I did enjoy these blocks. Very clever. Interesting how the reactions of people can vary depending on what is being presented. A close friend saw Pulp Fiction and walked out. I ended up seeing it twice cause it was so stupidly funny even if it was gross. Great that we live in a place that allows us to express varying opinions, isn't it?

JeriLovesFabric 03-11-2013 08:04 PM

You do quite nice work and a great imagination!!!

inspectorcmm 03-11-2013 08:16 PM

Very interesting! I'll have to watch for more also. You started a quilt novel lol

heather1949 03-11-2013 10:22 PM

Love it what a great fun quilt,well done.

Janstar 03-15-2013 08:22 PM

Love your creativity Mad! I look forward to seeing more of your works of art!

amyjo 03-15-2013 09:32 PM

I really like your rendition of SBS. I think you have a lot of talent and are very creative. You just keep on keeping on!!! I love the blocks. I can think of a few that I would like to get rid of and 1 of them are the teletubbies. My 1 daughter wouldn't alllow any form or tv show of Barney in her house. I like to read fiction and also love to watch all the CSI's, NCIS's shows, don't have nightmares in the night nor did my kids or my grandkids.

cedarvalleyquilts 03-16-2013 11:55 AM

Extremely creative work...have never been a SBS fan but definitely appreciate the Stephen King and Hitchcock references....great work :)

Christine

daisydebby 03-16-2013 07:17 PM

Personally, I've never liked SunBonnetSue quilts....but, I love yours:) They are so creative and absolutely hilarious. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to go back and read EVERY post.....can't imagine people are not liking what you're doing. Thanks so much for making me laugh....you've got some great talent.

djmat 03-17-2013 10:51 PM

Not much enthusiam here for such macbre quilting but this is America & to each artist his own fancy. As for me, I'd save my fabric for something more positive. You must like SBS a lot because you have given so much time & $ to this effort. Wouldn't it be nice if once in a while you created an original positive block to balance the death & dismemberment blocks! Negative & Positive - that is how the real world works.