Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

Lv2sew2011 03-26-2013 03:26 AM

Oh Please GeeGee if you don't like this post quit reading it! Good Grief!!!!
Donna

Originally Posted by GeeGee (Post 5907343)
Oh I see you parsed my comment and left out the part that said:This post is like the woman who shot her boyfriend, stabbed him 27 times and then slit his throat ear to ear. Guess she had the same sense of warped humor.

germanquilter 03-26-2013 03:51 AM

Agree!! Martina, your blocks are very artistic, very funny and very creative :) Would I make a quilt like that? Probably not since it would not fit with my decor nor do I know anyone to give it too. However, I do have a daughter who HATES everything Twilight so this gives me an idea LOL

tigger5464 03-26-2013 06:58 PM

Exceptional work Mad!!! I do hope to see your finished quilt when done. ROFLOL!!! Would love something like that here also...I know so many people who would laugh so hard at this!! :) Thank you so much for sharing your talent with all of us.

BizzieLizzie 03-26-2013 08:59 PM

I read with interest the title to your post but was not expecting the blocks I saw. Though it is macabre, I am compelled to add my opinions to this already HUGE blog. (I have read most of the posts) To me, the workmanship in the blocks is absolutely fantastic. These blocks would not be for me but I think that people should think of the bigger picture and that is, the creative thought and process involved - NO patterns to copy or to follow for each block. If you have designed a quilt before, you will know that you can draw a pattern on paper but translating the drawing to fabric is not as easy as it may seem. I have done this and I can assure you it is time consuming and depending on the pattern, can be mind boggling. Martina, your talent is really good and I applaud you for your efforts. Thank you for sharing your blocks. I hope that those who seem to have found your blocks offensive/evil will be able to see what I see - the creative process.

With regards to how it depicts horror and scaring children etc. I think that it is up to the adult/parent to protect their own. I have never shielded my children unnecessarily and have always explained things to them such that they have an understanding about what is real and what is not. There is too much out there and I think that a quilt is probably the least harmful of the lot. To each his own, one man's meat is another man's poison.

Let's stay friends as that is what this board is all about. Safety in expression and expression in safety and among friends. One of the rules on QB was that we need to encourage quilters as they come from all walks of life and have their own personal problems to deal with - if we cannot say anything nice, then it was asked that we kept quiet and not hurt the person's feelings. I have always kept this in my mind when posting. Perhaps we need to be reminded sometimes. Best wishes to all on QB.

JudeWill 04-01-2013 07:23 AM

Cannot believe some of the comments. I think some need to just lighten up. Personally, I just wish you were my next-door neighbor!

SheriR 04-01-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by JudeWill (Post 5969951)
Cannot believe some of the comments. I think some need to just lighten up. Personally, I just wish you were my next-door neighbor!

I agree with YOU. I bet she's a great neighbor. If you liked these SBS blocks, check out her second set here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t217258.html

I think they're awesome. Mad is sure full of talent.

debbieumphress 04-03-2013 12:31 PM

Mad, makes me want to add to the original blocks we all did, You are so creative, hugs

mrsk 04-03-2013 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat (Post 5903056)
Duh, all you people who are having nightmares and such....did you not READ the title of the thread? If you don't want to see it....don't click! Geesh....its all good fun in this over politically correct world of ours.

Sandpat, you said it! If you will possibly be offended, just don't look!!!! DUH!!!!! I personally love SBS but I have not yet made a quilt of her( although its on my list) but seeing the Kill Sue versions (& I've seen quite a few,) I still find them funny & not in poor taste, just a sence of humor that obviously not everyone can appriciate. Keep up the great work & keep posting those pics!!!!!!!

toolazy 04-03-2013 05:12 PM

Oh my word. I didn't know it was possible to laugh so hard. The imagination and skill that went into these blocks is just amazing!

Now, will someone do the same for that dratted purple dinosaur? Please?

Still LOLing.

mrsk 04-03-2013 06:22 PM

After having read all 39 original pages plus howevermany are on the second instalment thread, I just have to say, I have always had a SBS on my to do list, but now I'm thinking I might make a 2 sided quilt. "Good" Sues/Sams on one side & possibly Sam "doing away" with Sue in various ways on the other. I may have to consult MadQuilter when the time comes!!!!! or maybe just all the fans I've seen here with a "warped" sence of humor!!!!! Great ideas & great execution(pun intended!) of those wonderful ideas, keep'm comming!