Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Monster Quilt - making progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-monster-quilt-making-progress-t200419.html)

Scakes 09-14-2012 03:28 AM

My Monster Quilt - making progress

3 Attachment(s)
Good morning. The Monster Quilt isn't done but I'm making progress and thought I'd share some photos. (MY computer was in the shop for over a week so I had time to sew.)

There are 3 pictures - top half of quilt; bottom half; and then the whole top with the sashings.

I am planning on a small (2" maybe) black border around the outside. Then a wider border ( 4" - 5") made out of strips of scraps from all the fabrics in the quilt. Binding will be black.

Can't decide what to do with the back. I don't have enough of any one fabric from the quilt to use as backing so I'm thinking big squares or rectangles of fabrics that are in the quilt - a pieced backing. There is an extra monster block that will go on the back plus the label.

Hope everyone has a lovely quilty day.

(The first two photos ran together when they posted. Not sure why. I should have trimmed the photos off first also. There are 5 blocks in each section for a total of ten. Disregard the extra parts please.)

Blinkokr 09-14-2012 03:30 AM

Just terrific, that is just adorable, great job and thank you for sharing.
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

margaret53 09-14-2012 03:43 AM

That is just the cutest darn quilt! Can't wait to see the final product.

itwrx4me 09-14-2012 03:56 AM

This is absolutely darling!! It is just wonderful and you've done a great job!

tutt 09-14-2012 04:01 AM

I LOVE it!! The little kid in me WANTS it!!

DeneK 09-14-2012 04:03 AM

From your title I was expecting a BIG quilt and then I find real monsters... LOL! So Cute! I love it.

llweezie 09-14-2012 04:09 AM

That is adorable ! Where did you find the pattern?

Scakes 09-14-2012 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by tutt (Post 5513241)
I LOVE it!! The little kid in me WANTS it!!

You sound just like my dd. She told me yesterday she couldn't wait for HER quilt. I told her it wasn't hers, it's for the baby that is due in Oct. LOL. She says she can still use it though. LOL.

Scakes 09-14-2012 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Laura Weisberg (Post 5513260)
That is adorable ! Where did you find the pattern?

Part of the blocks are from an Amy Butler quilt - pattern name is Planetary (can't remember the rest at the moment - senior moment) , maybe it is Planetary party. I took her blocks and made changes to them so the patterns will look a little different if you google the pattern. We didn't want planetary monsters on all the blocks.

The other blocks - my dd drew 1 of the monsters on her wall when she was about 12 and we made a pattern from that wall art; 1 block my dgd drew; others are just ideas I saw online and I took away/added on and came up with monsters.

Tartan 09-14-2012 05:22 AM

That is going to be terrific! Great job on your monsters.:thumbup: