Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My newest quilt done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-newest-quilt-done-t20774.html)

GladGrams 05-31-2009 04:59 AM

You all have no idea how grateful I am for your encouragement. It means a lot to me. I just got into this 4 months ago and everything is new to me.

I have now finished 8 small projects, this was the largest. I made quilted mats for my grandchildren to take to the local pool. Will give them as gifts when I arrive in July in the states. (Lancaster, Pa)

Am working on the final one for them now which will be blue and white pinwheel squares alternated with red and white striped squares. Have no idea how it will look when finished. I'll post a pic then.

Love and hugs

quiltinggrandmaca 05-31-2009 05:20 AM

You are doing an excellent job and I really like your quilt. It looks really cozy and inviting. Sounds easy as well.Good job.

sidmona 05-31-2009 06:03 AM

As a new quilter, you are doing great. The quilt is beautiful - keep up the good work.

Bevanger 05-31-2009 06:09 AM

Well kiddo, I think you did pretty dern good. Good? Poo. I think its Fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Joan 05-31-2009 06:41 AM

Well, I think it is just beautiful and
you will certainly make a little girl
very happy! :lol:

(I don't see ANY mistakes, either)

Crissie 05-31-2009 06:41 AM

I love your pattern that is really nice, wish the true colors showed up, but this is nice and it sure doesn't look like it was really easy. It will surely touch her heart.

Butterflyspain 05-31-2009 06:44 AM

Its beautiful and for a first time you made a super job of it. No mean feat to put together a quilt like that. Take a bow.

Elle

Rhonda 05-31-2009 06:54 AM

I love your quilt! I like to use strips in my miniatures. It is one of my favorite things to do! So I love the way you chose to put yours together! I am sure your friend's daughter will love it!

You did a good job on it! I can always point out my mistakes but you have to stand back and realize most people won't notice them!
I even sold a hotpad one time that one triangle was backwards in a way that totally stood out but someone bought it anyway! I guess maybe they thought I did it on purpose! LOL By the time I saw my mistake it was too late to fix it! So even the pros have flubs and goofs!! I know I do all the time!! and I have been quilting for 30 years!

I think the goofs are what give it character! If they were perfect every time it would be boring!! Nothing to remember fondly! At least that is how I see mine!

Lisa T 05-31-2009 07:34 AM

This quilt is darling! We quilters are most critical of our own work- and no one else even notices our flubs. I know she will love it.

This is a very nice gift for you to give her- very kind of you! (I would have wanted to keep it! LOL)

sewjoyce 05-31-2009 07:46 AM

Wow -- I really like it! The way you did the colors are just great!

(Keep up the good work!)