Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My quilt, "The City of Phoenix", is in QuiltMaker's 100 Blocks Volume 6!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-quilt-city-phoenix-quiltmakers-100-blocks-volume-6-a-t205975.html)

breezyquilts 11-14-2012 09:11 AM

My quilt, "The City of Phoenix", is in QuiltMaker's 100 Blocks Volume 6!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I did block testing for 100 blocks Volume 6 and was given the opportunity to do a quilt using one of the blocks that I tested. I was so excited to see that it made the magazine!!! I am posting the front and back. You can see the quilting on the back easier!!! I think I like the back as much as I like the front!!! Enjoy :^)

WTxRed 11-14-2012 09:15 AM

Beautiful Quilt! LOVE love the back - so do tell - HOW did you do the quilting on it?

Sierra 11-14-2012 09:16 AM

That is one incredible quilt! Tell us a bit more.... Are all of the squares quilted? Or just the more multicolored ones? Thank you so much for sharing this. It is really full of new ideas (to me, anyway). Did you quilt it yourself or did someone professional? Absolutely beautiful. Of course it is being published!!!

breezyquilts 11-14-2012 09:18 AM

I quilted this on my domestic machine- a Juki-with the walking foot on. I drew out the first several circles and then just followed them out to the edges. There are parts where the quilting is more straight than curved as I got to the outer edges!!

Originally Posted by WTxRed (Post 5656448)
Beautiful Quilt! LOVE love the back - so do tell - HOW did you do the quilting on it?

breezyquilts 11-14-2012 09:20 AM

I quilted this myself and I just did the consecutive circles. I pinned it REALLY well first!!! Started in the very center and continued to add circles and circles. I was actually watching NASCAR while quilting this and realized that my quilt was traveling in the same direction as the cars!!! :^)

Originally Posted by Sierra (Post 5656451)
That is one incredible quilt! Tell us a bit more.... Are all of the squares quilted? Or just the more multicolored ones? Thank you so much for sharing this. It is really full of new ideas (to me, anyway). Did you quilt it yourself or did someone professional? Absolutely beautiful. Of course it is being published!!!

Emily'sMom 11-14-2012 09:31 AM

The quilt is fabulous I am going to copy your idea for quilting.

Rumbols 11-14-2012 09:35 AM

Wow, beautiful quilt and I love the back showing the quilting. Congrats on your entry. Thanks for sharing.

owlvamp 11-14-2012 09:46 AM

Thanks for sharing. That really is an amazing quilt. Beautiful!!!

0tis 11-14-2012 09:47 AM

I think you did a fabulous job from start to finish - to pick out fabrics without knowing what you were testing; then testing a quilt block and coming up with such a fantastic quilt - this is amazing - you deserve all the credit for this one - also I am in love with your circles - it looks good from the front to the back. Congratulations.

zzmom 11-14-2012 09:57 AM

That is a stunning quilt! You did such a wonderful job on it. I like the block you used, very pretty. Congratulations all around!