Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sewing space (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-space-t47412.html)

Candace 05-28-2010 01:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I've got guests coming tomorrow for at least 4 days. I thought I'd take a photo with everything "shut up". My new ginormous Koala table was fun carrying up the flight of stairs. It was over 400 lbs. and took 5 of us! I love the electric lift. My room is pretty much done now. I tiled the window nook to make it useable for storage. The grey cabinet houses my yardage and any overflow is stored under the Full size bed in the room. My wall rack that I made is now full of fat quarters. All my patterns and books in the book shelf. The closet is crammed with more storage for notions, batting, my serger and back up sewing machine. The back wall is pegboard and works great for my thread and other notions.

My sewing machine and cutting table are closed now so there's lots of room for my guests. When both the sewing cabinet and cutting table are fully open, it's a bit tight. Throw in the opened ironing board and I'm glad I'm thin. DD will be going to college in a year. I've already got dibs on her room:>

Jingle 05-28-2010 01:18 PM

Looking good. I would dismantle the bed,put against the wall, put mattress and box spring on their sides and lean against the wall also, when no one is using the room. It would be easy to set the bed back up when someone needs to use the room again.

no1jan 05-28-2010 01:20 PM

I'm green with envy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Had my room for about a month. :cry: Now have a corner of the room and things in the kitchen, livingroom, and other bedroom, let alone the garage where I have a treadle I am tearing down and refurbishing it. :)

Can I come and visit? :-P

Candace 05-28-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
Looking good. I would dismantle the bed,put against the wall, put mattress and box spring on their sides and lean against the wall also, when no one is using the room. It would be easy to set the bed back up when someone needs to use the room again.

Nah, it's good to be skinny.

Candace 05-28-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
I'm green with envy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Had my room for about a month. :cry: Now have a corner of the room and things in the kitchen, livingroom, and other bedroom, let alone the garage where I have a treadle I am tearing down and refurbishing it. :)

Can I come and visit? :-P

Any time!

Charlee 05-28-2010 01:23 PM

Nice room and stash! :)

I have company coming tomorrow too...so my table is going to get folded up and the air mattress brought in...

cjomomma 05-28-2010 01:23 PM

Love the space. You all make me so jealous.

Tiffany 05-28-2010 01:36 PM

What a great room! I love the peg board idea and printed out the picture. It's now sitting on my hubby's desk and when he comes home and asks what it is, I'm going to tell him it's his honey-do! :lol: Thanks for sharing.

craftybear 05-28-2010 01:37 PM

nice sewing space, thanks for sharing!

JudyG 05-28-2010 03:00 PM

Nice room. I have a question about your fabric storage area. Can you tell me how deep those shelves are? The doorway into my sewing room looks very similar to yours. I never thought of putting shelves behind where the door opens. And could you tell me how wide that wall is that is to the left of your fabric storage unit so that I get an idea if this would work for me. Thanks a lot.