Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Son came home for Christmas and I gave him his quilt!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-son-came-home-christmas-i-gave-him-his-quilt-t14904.html)

Jim's Gem 12-31-2008 04:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My son joined the Navy last November and came home on the 18th for the first time in over a year. DH and I went to his boot camp graduation last Jan/Feb and had not seen him since. He's here only until Saturday night but I have enjoyed having him home for 2 weeks.

I took these pictures about 20 min before posting them. It was a gorgeous day out today.

Wil wrapped in the quilt. He decided that he did not want to shave while home cause he is tired of shaving every day. He shaved his head the day before coming home as well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23463[/ATTACH]

Son Wil with his quilt and daughter Jen holding Wil's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23464[/ATTACH]

babeegirl 12-31-2008 04:29 PM

he looks happy to be home and thrilled with his quilt!

Dawn Hendrix 12-31-2008 04:40 PM

So glad you got to spend special time with him..... and you can tell he REALLY loves his QUILT!!!

Great Job it looks realy nice!

sandpat 12-31-2008 04:42 PM

Beautiful quilt and good looking young man too!

mumtoliam 12-31-2008 05:15 PM

Beautiful quilt - I bet he loves it!!!!

beachlady 12-31-2008 05:18 PM

Beautiful quilt. Does he get to take it back with him or is that not allowed? Nice looking family!

bzstampr 12-31-2008 05:20 PM

Your quilt is beautiful! I know your son must love it so much!
And I know you are so proud of him.
I remember going to my son's military graduation and then he was stationed in California. We're in Alabama so he was always far away. He went to Korea after California. I always cherished his visits. He's out of the Army now and is a police sergeant. I love having him and the grandkids close to home.

I love your quilt!

tlrnhi 12-31-2008 05:26 PM

Beautiful! And look at that smile! You can tell he just loves it!
Isn't it nice having the kids around?

Jim's Gem 12-31-2008 05:29 PM

Thank you everyone. No, he will not be taking it back with him yet. He is still in training and living in barracks. We are hoping (praying) he will get stationed in a squadron in San Diego come May or June or so. Then he will be only 3 1/2 hours away and we can see him now and then. When he gets to his duty station then he can have it with him. I still need to add the label to the quilt but got it done in time for him to see it, and test it!

Jim's Gem 12-31-2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Beautiful! And look at that smile! You can tell he just loves it!
Isn't it nice having the kids around?

I am loving having a couple of them home. I figure 2 out of four home for a couple of weeks is still wonderful. My daughter Jen, came up for the day, she and her husband live in La Habra Heights, in the LA Area. She came to say goodby to her baby brother.

My DD #3 is home for 3 weeks on break from College. She goes to school in San Diego and can't wait for Wil to be stationed down there, then they will be able to spend time together.