Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My special birthday present (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-special-birthday-present-t24806.html)

CajunQuilter2 08-29-2009 06:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My friend gave me a very special birthday present. I am attaching a picture of a quilt she gave me that was her mothers. She is not sure if it was made by her mother or her grandmother but it was done by one of them. When her mother passed away they found several quilts stashed away, they went to her brother & sister-in-law. They are both gone now as well so she had them. She told me she did not have the room to keep them all and since she knew I loved the color purple she wanted me to have this one. She kept 3 of them and also gave one to our other friend that we all quilt together. She wanted them to go to someone she knew would appreciate them. What an incredible gift to give me. It really touched my heart. It does have a small hole in it and I was hoping someone could give me some direction into getting it repaired.

this is the hole I want to get repaired
[ATTACH=CONFIG]46814[/ATTACH]

Kyiav10 08-29-2009 06:39 PM

What a very special gift!!

Kyia

Marcia 08-29-2009 06:49 PM

Myrna---You must have been a really good friend this year to get a quilt for your birthday.

It is gorgeous and I know you will treasure it forever. Happy Birthday!!

CajunQuilter2 08-29-2009 06:55 PM

she sure surprised me. and to think she was not sure I would want it. ??

kluedesigns 08-29-2009 06:58 PM

what an amazing gift, that would have brought me to tears. happy birthday

Janstar 08-29-2009 07:03 PM

What a lucky friend you are! It sure is a beauty!!Happy Birthday to you!!

Yvonne 08-29-2009 07:20 PM

What a very special lady to give you such a special gift. The quilt is quite lovely.

As for the small hole I think I would first stitch around it to prevent it ripping and further. Then I would embroider a label stating you received this quilt on your birthday from so-and-so in the year such-and-such. Then I'd attach the label over the hole and hide it! It's not the perfect solution but I tend to go for the quick and easy.

Meanwhile, enjoy that beautiful piece of art.

redrummy 08-29-2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Yvonne
What a very special lady to give you such a special gift. The quilt is quite lovely.

As for the small hole I think I would first stitch around it to prevent it ripping and further. Then I would embroider a label stating you received this quilt on your birthday from so-and-so in the year such-and-such. Then I'd attach the label over the hole and hide it! It's not the perfect solution but I tend to go for the quick and easy.

Meanwhile, enjoy that beautiful piece of art.

That is what I was thinking. I would make a label with your friends name, and where it came from, approx age. It should cover the hole and not take from the value. What a wonderful gift!!!! :lol:

SharonC 08-29-2009 08:23 PM

Wow. I know you will treasure that quilt. What a wonderful present.

MollieSue 08-29-2009 08:29 PM

What a speacial gift from her heart she gave you!! It's beautiful, both the quilt, and her giving it to you!
I agree, about putting a neat label over it, stating how you received it! (after you mend it)
:-)