Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my T shirt quilt finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-t-shirt-quilt-finished-t118493.html)

luey0202 04-24-2011 12:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
first one is the front of the quilt and the second is the back of the quilt..for my future son in law with his concert t shirts using both sides of his shirts

MTS 04-24-2011 12:30 PM

The background fabric = GENIUS!!!

luey0202 04-24-2011 12:31 PM

thank you....after seeing this on the post, maybe I shouldn't have posted it...some of those tshirts are "bad" sorry if I've offended anyone....

feline fanatic 04-24-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
The background fabric = GENIUS!!!

I agree!! That background fabric really makes this T-shirt quilt special. It is great and it adds such motion and visual interest to the quilt. I for one am glad you shared this picture. Hopefully no one will be offended by the shirts. I wasn't but I was born without the "delicate sensibility" gene. :lol: :lol:

boxerlady 04-24-2011 01:13 PM

looks great, agian, the fabric is perfect for that "genre" shirt!

RDM 04-24-2011 01:17 PM

Cool. T-shirts say a lot and are always fun.

LAB55 04-24-2011 01:34 PM

Fantastic !!! :-D
Great job !! :-D

nlpakk 04-24-2011 05:53 PM

Great job! I have one started but am kind of stuck since many of the logos are of different sizes. I have them all cut and fused and have started putting borders around them but not sure how to arrange them because of the different sizes. There's no hurry though as I have 2-3 baby quilts to finish first.

feline fanatic 04-24-2011 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nlpakk
Great job! I have one started but am kind of stuck since many of the logos are of different sizes. I have them all cut and fused and have started putting borders around them but not sure how to arrange them because of the different sizes. There's no hurry though as I have 2-3 baby quilts to finish first.

Nlpakk, welcome to the board. This T-shirt quilt may give you some ideas... It was made with all different size T's. I did not make this quilt, my friend did. I quilted it for her on my LA. Her setting made this one of the most unique T-shirt quilts I had seen. She just used a lot of filler for the background in various sizes.

Meg's Tshirt quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188652[/ATTACH]

nlpakk 04-24-2011 06:27 PM

feline fanatic- Thanks for posting the pic. That gives me a better idea of what to do. I think I like the squares better without the border so maybe I'll take the borders off of the ones I have already done. Looks like they have had to make either vertical or horizontal rows and adding filler or background material to make them all the same size. With all of my borders, it makes it look too busy with so many colors. If I remember I will try and take a picture of what I have done so far and post it, hoping for more suggestions.