Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt and Easter Baskets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-easter-baskets-t117547.html)

Kitsapquilter 04-20-2011 10:11 AM

My good friend and I had a quilting party last Saturday. We both worked on Debbie Caffrey's mystery that came out in the latest issue of Quiltmaker's magazine (May/June issue). The next steps will be in the next two issues. We love doing Debbie's mysteries. We both used to live in Alaska and did several of Debbie's mysteries in class there. These are the fabrics I chose to use in mine.
The Easter Basket wallhanging I have had done for several years but still haven't quilted it. I don't do FM quilting too well so am trying to wait until I feel more comfortable with stippling. I would like to stipple in the white background then maybe cross-hatching on the baskets and just kind fo out-line the eggs in the baskets and the borders. What do you think of that....would it look ok or is there a better way? I am open for suggestions.

Kitsapquilter 04-20-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
My good friend and I had a quilting party last Saturday. We both worked on Debbie Caffrey's mystery that came out in the latest issue of Quiltmaker's magazine (May/June issue). The next steps will be in the next two issues. We love doing Debbie's mysteries. We both used to live in Alaska and did several of Debbie's mysteries in class there. These are the fabrics I chose to use in mine.
The Easter Basket wallhanging I have had done for several years but still haven't quilted it. I don't do FM quilting too well so am trying to wait until I feel more comfortable with stippling. I would like to stipple in the white background then maybe cross-hatching on the baskets and just kind fo out-line the eggs in the baskets and the borders. What do you think of that....would it look ok or is there a better way? I am open for suggestions.

Having trouble getting the right picture in. I will try again. Bear with me!

Kitsapquilter 04-20-2011 01:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay....think I got my pics in now!! Hope so anyway.

FAbrics for the Mystery Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186879[/ATTACH]

Easter Wall Hangin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186880[/ATTACH]

Close-up of one basket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186881[/ATTACH]

Close-up of another basket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186882[/ATTACH]

cinnya 04-20-2011 01:38 PM

Oh those baskets are gorgeous.those eggs look real :thumbup:

Kitsapquilter 04-20-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
Okay....think I got my pics in now!! Hope so anyway.

BTW, all the fabrics for the mystery came from my stash!

Jammin' Jane 04-20-2011 01:45 PM

WOW! They are so pretty! Stippling in the baskets would look nice or you could do a cross-hatching. The eggs look great the way they are!

debcavan 04-20-2011 01:45 PM

The baskets are too cute. And the eggs look great

jmabby 04-20-2011 03:19 PM

Your baskets are beautiful, so far haven'nt seen any calories. Good job

pamesue 04-20-2011 03:54 PM

nice fabric (even better from your stash) and the baskets and eggs are really cute.

Vivian Ketron 04-20-2011 06:39 PM

Sooo cute.