Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Neat shots of a WIP - we work where we can! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/neat-shots-wip-we-work-where-we-can-t121787.html)

Jennalyn 05-08-2011 05:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've been working on a quilt for my best friend (one of two 'best' friends) since last October. It's technically the first quilt I started and it's a queen-sized Duck Foot/Bear Paw design. I took a class at my LQS that got us started and I haven't touched it in a few months.

On Saturday, a friend of a friend invited us to his workshop to work on our respective crafts. My friend sewed some gloves, our mutual friend tinkered with his mechanical box, and the owner of the space continued construction of a massive display chest for his wares at a convention later this month.

I decided to bring my friend's quit to work on! Now that I have my Featherweight, Miss Anise, I can just take her anywhere and get to sewing. I probably did more ironing than sewing at the time, having underestimated my progress on the project, but it was a lot of fun. The only level work surface was on top of the table saw! Getting everything set up was entertaining, let me tell you.

Good thing I tend to be organized in my projects by nature!

I thought it was a pretty cool shot with their booze and explosives shelf behind it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194799[/ATTACH]

The featherweight travels anywhere! It also pieces like a dream.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194800[/ATTACH]

The selection of fabrics for the quilt, minus two and the background color. A very warm, earthy, autumn palette!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194801[/ATTACH]

MamaBear61 05-08-2011 05:24 PM

The quilt is going to be beautiful and your work environment I would call "unique" (lol)

earlylace 05-08-2011 05:35 PM

yes, it does look "unique"

clynns 05-08-2011 05:53 PM

Making do with what God gave you.

Annaquilts 05-08-2011 05:54 PM

Lovely! The red around the blade of the table saw looks a little ominous though.

erstan947 05-08-2011 06:02 PM

Quilt where you are! Way to go. Unstoppable:)

luvstitches 05-08-2011 06:05 PM

You're doing a wonderful job. Love your sewing machine.

Marlys 05-08-2011 06:12 PM

First thing I noticed was the big bottle of Rum! Hope you had lots of fun!!!

SueSew 05-08-2011 06:20 PM

That's great
In our carpentry shop, I have to beat the carpenters to stop using the big talbe saw for lunch break. Can you imagine eating on your WIP? :-D

Jennalyn 05-08-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Lovely! The red around the blade of the table saw looks a little ominous though.

They probably painted it specifically for effect, knowing these guys! Hehe.

Originally Posted by SueSew
That's great
In our carpentry shop, I have to beat the carpenters to stop using the big talbe saw for lunch break. Can you imagine eating on your WIP?

The sawdust involved is what gets me! I had to maneuver everything around the sawdust of his latest project. :mrgreen: