Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need help with quiting this quilt please... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-help-quiting-quilt-please-t207376.html)

Quiltforme 12-01-2012 02:15 AM

Need help with quiting this quilt please...

2 Attachment(s)
Good morning, I made this French Braid quilt back in March for my friends husband and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to quilt it. I am so at a loss i have taken classes online with Craftsy and bought different books they were no help with THIS quilt. I really do not want to do the meander or SID I would like a fun creative pattern but I have not seen any French braid quilts with creative designs. The ones I have seen just outline the rectangles and feather the boarder which is not bad but I want something more... Thank you for your help and all your ideas

BTW the quilt is a queen size

Jackie Spencer 12-01-2012 02:35 AM

Beautiful quilt, I love the Eagles!! Sorry I can't offer any idea's for the quilting, but would love to see it again when your finished!!

margee 12-01-2012 02:53 AM

I can't say it any better. The quilt is beautiful and creative. Please post a picture when it's completed.

ckcowl 12-01-2012 02:54 AM

i would outline the eagles - perhaps quilt additional eagles- or quilt trees, other wildlife into the quilt...you could do tall stands of pines along your braids...or fish & a river...(feed off the motif's you have & keep with the theme)...it is beautiful- i look forward to seeing what you come up with

QuiltnNan 12-01-2012 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5690966)
i would outline the eagles - perhaps quilt additional eagles- or quilt trees, other wildlife into the quilt...you could do tall stands of pines along your braids...or fish & a river...(feed off the motif's you have & keep with the theme)...it is beautiful- i look forward to seeing what you come up with

i love this idea. my first thought was to quilt feathers on the eagle wings and panto birds over the rest of the quilt

Tartan 12-01-2012 03:09 AM

I like ckcowl's suggestion of pine trees quilted into the braids perhaps in the dark sections of the braids. You could do wind currents in between? It is gorgeous top!

katier825 12-01-2012 03:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5690966)

Great idea!

I did 2 french braid quilts. On one, I did a wavy line up the braid with curls off the line. The on in my avatar was a celestial theme, so I quilted a meandering line with suns, moons, stars.

The picture attached is NOT mine, but I saved it for inspiration on a future quilt. Maybe you can use some of the design elements.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]379439[/ATTACH]

Blinkokr 12-01-2012 04:34 AM

Just beautiful, great job and thank you for sharing, katier825 is a beautiful idea
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

debcavan 12-01-2012 05:22 AM

It is a gorgeous gorgeous quilt. Sorry no help for the quilting

GrandmaKathy 12-01-2012 05:23 AM

This quilt is breath-takingly beautiful.