Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need Help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-help-t80061.html)

Donna P 12-01-2010 09:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok I had posted this top but of course cannot find the post now....but what I need is an idea of how to hand quilt this top....Any ideas? What would you do? I thought of just quilting in the big sq and the side tan(print) pieces... I was thinking a grid in each large sq...I want it to hold and be strong but again I don't want to spend the rest of my life quilting it either....but I want it to look nice. Am I asking for to much? Gosh I just don't know what ...any design ideas? Anything to help me. I have drawn a blank. Thanks for your imput.

Donna

mrspete 12-01-2010 09:38 PM

This is elegant. I have no idea about the quilting. I'm still treading water and learning. good luck

Blessings,
Ruth

TN Donna 12-01-2010 09:45 PM

I am new to quilting and I would be afraid to advise you. I would probably send it to one of the quilters on here if it was mine.

spinnergs 12-01-2010 09:46 PM

I would look at some circular patterns maybe in continuous line, something on the simple side for the large blocks and do some simple lines in the rest. It would go faster that way.

Kyiav10 12-01-2010 09:55 PM

I would stitch in the ditch around the white stars to enhance them maybe. No clue as to the center blocks.

Kyia

koko 12-01-2010 09:58 PM

I'm not very good at Free motion quilting. I'd probably have to send it out too but I'd like some sort of feather or circular flower pattern in the middle of each block.

Sadiemae 12-01-2010 10:24 PM

With a quilt that has a lot of straight lines, I would also do some kind of circular or feather design in the large squares. SID or something similiar would be great in the stars.

jemma 12-01-2010 10:32 PM

simple and open ---the quilt is [i am going to pinch mrspetes-word -it fits] elegant pick up the stars maybe but dont over do the block centers

GrannieAnnie 12-01-2010 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Donna P
Ok I had posted this top but of course cannot find the post now....but what I need is an idea of how to hand quilt this top....Any ideas? What would you do? I thought of just quilting in the big sq and the side tan(print) pieces... I was thinking a grid in each large sq...I want it to hold and be strong but again I don't want to spend the rest of my life quilting it either....but I want it to look nice. Am I asking for to much? Gosh I just don't know what ...any design ideas? Anything to help me. I have drawn a blank. Thanks for your imput.

Donna

When you quilt the large square, how about making an outline of the connecting stars and stitch that in the centers. Keep the same size and orientation.

It's a beautiful quilt The colors are so restful.

Cheryl 12-01-2010 10:43 PM

I just love your quilt it is very ( I'll take the words also from MsPete.Ruth) Beautifully done.