Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   need opinion please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-opinion-please-t21479.html)

sewnsewer2 06-17-2009 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I finally got my head together and decided what to make for a quilt challenge in my guild.

This is what I have done so far, it is a printed panel and I am appliqueing her dress and stuff. I will be adding cherry blossoms too.

Now, what I need help with is what color do you think would look best to do the detail stitching (folds in the fabric) in black or gold?

Thanks!

dvseals 06-17-2009 02:17 PM

Hmm maybe a combo use gold on the lighter fabrics and black on the well the black lol and maybe outline the whole thing in black to make it pop just that extra lil bit.
Looks awesome btw :)

billswife99 06-17-2009 02:23 PM

That is going to be stunning! I can't wait to see it finished! I would go with black but I'm not experienced at that kind of quilting at all. (just a little disclaimer)

kluedesigns 06-17-2009 02:25 PM

no doubt gold and make it metallic. its so common in japanese kimonos to have gold thread work.

NorthernDeb 06-17-2009 02:33 PM

I love to use black as a highlight but I think either would be beautiful. LOVE your ideas!

quilter1962 06-17-2009 02:35 PM

Wow

That is beautiful - a lady at one of the workshops I attended brought something similar to the show & tell, it was amazing.
Now I think the fabrics she used if I remember correctly were heathers & purples she did as Klue suggested & quilted in gold metallic. It made everything really stand out.

Good Luck - can't wait to see it finished. Is there a prize involved or is it to raise funds for a charity?

Tisha

Overlander 06-17-2009 02:38 PM

This is going to be a beautiful quilt/hanging. Wow! I would use gold on the Obi and black and gold depending on whether you want to show shadow or detail on the Kimono. I agree with outlining the whole in black. Can't wait to see it finished.

amma 06-17-2009 02:47 PM

I would use the gold too, that is such a prominent feature of asian designs. Black as an accent would be pretty too :D

Debbie1 06-17-2009 03:00 PM

No suggestions on the thread, but how stunning! Can't wait to see her finished!

sewnsewer2 06-17-2009 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Wow

That is beautiful - a lady at one of the workshops I attended brought something similar to the show & tell, it was amazing.
Now I think the fabrics she used if I remember correctly were heathers & purples she did as Klue suggested & quilted in gold metallic. It made everything really stand out.

Good Luck - can't wait to see it finished. Is there a prize involved or is it to raise funds for a charity?

Tisha

Thanks everyone, I don't know if there is a prize, but I think ribbons are given out. This is my 1st time. The subject is magic carpet ride and it has to be 20 X 30" and the theme is travel. Anything to do with travel, a place you've been, want to go, whatever.

I'm trying to find an embroidery design of a cherry blossom so I can make the flowers individually and tack them on, like a cascading tree. I want to make them on gorgete.