Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Never ending quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/never-ending-quilt-t49482.html)

pittsburgpam 06-13-2010 10:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have been working, and working, and working on this quilt and it just doesn't seem to get anywhere!! You ever had one of those? It just goes on and on. I am determined to not give up and make it into a UFO.

There are 48 blocks, each block has 45 pieces, so that is 2160 pieces to cut and sew, and sew, and sew!!! Oh, that's not including the sashing, sashing squares, hearts and vines!!! I feel like running screaming out of the sewing room!

This is half of the blocks, only 2 of them are actually sewn together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85012[/ATTACH]

I need to cut 2 more strips of ivory to complete the next 24 block sections
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85013[/ATTACH]

ToucanSam 06-13-2010 10:44 AM

But you do such beautiful work that it will be so worth it in the end! :)

sawsan 06-13-2010 10:51 AM

Go on ever never stop I loved first 4 at right

CAROLJ 06-13-2010 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorta like this?

quiltlady 06-13-2010 10:57 AM

If the top right is representative of the finished look - will be well worth it to plug along and get it done. No matter how long it takes. We'll all send you good thoughts for no frustations and time to work.

pittsburgpam 06-13-2010 11:02 AM

Yeah, I love how it looks all together and I just figured up that there are 2516 pieces in the whole thing. I have to take time today to re-do a part of the hand stitching on the hanging sleeve for a quilt that I have to send to a show tomorrow. And I need time to finalize the design on something else that has to get done very soon!!

Working outside the house is really interfering in my quilting time!!

RatherB Quilting 06-13-2010 11:10 AM

I am so excited that you have started posting pictures of your new avatar quilt in progress! I cannot wait to see it come together! I know that despite the little bald spots you might have...you will continue...and I will continue to live vicariously through you! (vicariously to be able to design and make beautiful quilts!)
Keep smiling and know that you have a captive audience watching your beautiful work!! :) :) :)
(Speaking of beautiful work...I never did see the completed quilt from your last avatar picture...I saw it almost complete...do you have a picture of the finished master piece?)

sweet 06-13-2010 11:39 AM

Your quilt blocks are beautiful! The only suggestion I would make is to maybe set the finished ones aside and concentrate on the one at hand. You will get there, it's such a pretty design that we all want to see it!

ann clare 06-13-2010 11:45 AM

Stunning. You are doing a great job.

farscapegal 06-13-2010 11:46 AM

That's why I work on 2 or 3 quilts and not focus on just one. When I get tired of one I work on one of the other ones for a while.

Sybil