Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   new floral blocks--not log cabins :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-floral-blocks-not-log-cabins-t183111.html)

barnbum 03-17-2012 09:15 AM

new floral blocks--not log cabins :-)

4 Attachment(s)
These patterns are from the Back to Nature pattern. I tweaked one a bit. I'm making the Back to Nature with Moda fabrics--I've posted some of the blocks. I kept wondering what the blocks would looks like with florals. Then I had to think through how many greens to use--and where the florals should be. EQ7 helped out there.

I made three of each--they are 20.25" now. I find this sized table topper sells the best. I like the pattern of the dark florals better, but like the yellow fabric best.

It's been slow going because a week ago I rolled under the electric fence to check a back pasture (I've done this 100s of times) and I heard something pop. After a few days of intense pain, I headed to the docs. She calls it Costrachrondritis--I think that's spelled right. Anyway, among many other painful moves, especially chores--I couldn't use my left hand to press the ruler down to rotary cut. Sigh. Every day is better though.

Now back to Back to Nature and Surprise (the baby quilt that was posted here)!

kathyd 03-17-2012 09:20 AM

Beautiful! You such beautiful work.

fivepaws 03-17-2012 09:24 AM

Very pretty. You did a great job.

QuiltE 03-17-2012 09:34 AM

Pretty!

When I saw "not log cabins" I knew it would be you, BarnBum .... to tell you the truth I was thinking of you the other day and wanting a floral log cabin fix!!! (perhaps because spring is in the air?) :)

OUCH ... OUCH ... OUCH to you and your discomfort!!!

barnbum 03-17-2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5067941)
Pretty!

When I saw "not log cabins" I knew it would be you, BarnBum .... to tell you the truth I was thinking of you the other day and wanting a floral log cabin fix!!! (perhaps because spring is in the air?) :)

OUCH ... OUCH ... OUCH to you and your discomfort!!!

lol--I miss working on them! The Back to Nature and horse quilt sidetracked me--and there are so many other pretty patterns in the world to try! My floral strips are collecting dust. ;-) But--I'll get some going in a bit. I have 20 items on consignment at a local folklore-stuff store and some have sold! I'm excited to have a great place to put them.

The pain from this thing is right up there with labor. My husband said it's the first time he's ever seen me cry from pain--and this is the second issue in two weeks. One of the horses slammed into my thigh with her head over two weeks ago--and that was very painful too. Dang. At least the doc said this is not an old lady issue--young people get it too. Whew. lol

Scraps 03-17-2012 10:22 AM

You put fabric together so gorgeously!!!! And your piecing is flawless! A floral log cabin is on my list to try after seeing your beauties. We are so glad you share! :-) Hope you will feel OK soon!

pls1946 03-17-2012 10:49 AM

Simply beautiful!

mighty 03-17-2012 11:34 AM

Beautiful!

oh munner 03-17-2012 12:01 PM

Those are so pretty! I especially love the ones with the touch of red. The darker fabric really makes the center pop! Can't wait to see the finished product. Feel better soon!

TerryQuilter 03-17-2012 12:08 PM

Oh, I really like the florals. They are beautiful:thumbup::thumbup: