Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   No more distractions pleeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/no-more-distractions-pleeeeeze-t7293.html)

Izy 05-19-2008 12:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I really need to get on with the second half of my first quilt....It has been 'resting' for a couple of months now but I have so many other projects running around in my head I am worried that this poor quilt will never get picked up again.. So I have just spent the evening layering and basting it with the microstitch gun...its really simple to use and makes quick work of a very tedious job...(Do you get the impression that I hate basting :lol: :lol: )

Heres a picture of the second half...the first half is quilted and waiting for its mate!! :D :D

The moon came out early this evening, it was so pretty...this picture doesn't show the lovely soft pink hue it had...it was so big, just had to take a picture to show you all!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9960[/ATTACH]

Sampler quilt - left side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9963[/ATTACH]

chairjogger 05-19-2008 12:17 PM

First quilt ! My did you pick a whopper of a project.. You have wonderful sewing skill !! Never dreamed this would be a first !
Chaijogger

Izy 05-19-2008 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by chairjogger
First quilt ! My did you pick a whopper of a project.. You have wonderful sewing skill !! Never dreamed this would be a first !
Chaijogger

Well chairjogger it just evolved...as all my projects done inbetween this one have lol!! I started out learning how to piece by hand using the english paper piece method, then onto regular piecing by machine, then onto foundation piecing and applique using all the different techniques, so I have gained alot of experience whilst putting this together. Here is a link to the post which follows the progress of the other half

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/4544.page

Have a flick through that, there are lots of closeups so you can see what I mean :D

jamsbuying 05-19-2008 12:44 PM

BEAUTIFUL!

Izy 05-19-2008 12:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Loretta
Izy, this quilt is really beautiful!!!! WOW! And I love your picture of the moon. How did you come to live in Spain? Are you in a rural setting?

We moved to spain nearly two years ago for a better way of life Loretta...and in general it is!!!! Yes we live in the 'campo' amongst the mountains overlooking a beautiful lake.. You can see the olive trees just about, on the picture of the moon... heres some of our sunsets too!!

This is a sunrise!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9962[/ATTACH]

patricej 05-19-2008 12:50 PM

have you ever considered international adoption of a slightly older than newborn american girl? i'm potty trained and can cook. :wink:

Izy 05-19-2008 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
have you ever considered international adoption of a slightly older than newborn american girl? i'm potty trained and can cook. :wink:

Sure Patrice.....maybe we can do a 'swap'...as long as I can hop over to Alaska too!!!! :D :D - hey you hear all the time about people doing house swapping....just imagine...exchanging houses, otherside of the world but still being able to quilt...as long as you don't mind using my machine that is - Oh and it has its own table on wheels and you can just take it outside and stitch in the warm sunshine..then wheel it into the outdoor summer lounge, if you get too hot!!!! :lol: :lol: ...You tempted then?????????

twistedstitcher 05-19-2008 01:49 PM

That's a beautiful quilt! And very ambitious for a first project! You did a fabulous job on it. The moon pic is gorgeous too!

mary705 05-19-2008 01:58 PM

Quilt and pics are all beautiful.

amma 05-19-2008 03:25 PM

I can't help with the distractions :lol: but I wanted to say thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures with us! I can't wait to see you finished quilt, it is a real beauty already! :D