Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Not a Dear Jane, but my 'Dear Jenn' (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-dear-jane-but-my-dear-jenn-t204053.html)

DeAnne-Mn. 10-25-2012 07:59 AM

Your 'Dear Jen' has inspired me to try smaller blocks. I have wondered why I felt compelled to collect small pieces, esp. garage/thrift store finds. Now I know. Thanks to all the others who had suggestions also. As soon as I get my left arm back in use {shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago} I'll be so full of ideas I won't know where to begin.

RedGarnet222 10-25-2012 08:04 AM

This is so neat! I love all of your blocks.
I have that book. I bought it new when it first came out. LOL...

jbj137 10-25-2012 08:04 AM

This will truly be a "MASTERPIECE".
Let us see when finished.
J J

ItsJustMe 10-25-2012 08:27 AM

How beautiful, and you obviously have a lot of focus and patience.

crafterrn1 10-25-2012 08:58 AM

What a great idea! Looking forward to the photos of your Dear Jenn quilt! Luann in CT

seasaw2mch 10-25-2012 11:15 AM

this is great for the past few weeks I've been sort of looking for blocks that I like to do the same thing. I've been reading up and watching videos to see how difficult it is to make the smaller blocks and I think (think is the magic word here) I can do this. I don't want to do one like everyone else either so I will be picking my blocks as I find ones I really like.
I've ordered the foundation paper and just waiting for it to arrive so I can get started.
Your is looking so cool, I just hope I can do as good.
Thanks for sharing, it makes me want to do this project even more.

JenniePenny 10-25-2012 01:19 PM

Thank you all for your encouragement! I have been transitioning into an empty nest and thus, looking back on what I have done, feeling nostalgic, and wanting to tell my story in the best way that I know how. I find that the quilters here are just the people who will say, "you are not alone; and no you are not crazy, and by the way, I like your blocks."

I was just thinking that maybe a few of us who like the mini blocks can create a little group here on the board. Not a swap or anything with deadlines. Just to show our little beauties and get ideas, and help in the telling of our life stories through fabric.

janRN 10-25-2012 01:34 PM

Jennie, I like the idea of sharing our pics of little blocks. I'm just doing some random ones--some are in batiks, some florals, some uglies LOL. Your crazy cousin will happily join your group!

JenniePenny 10-25-2012 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5612073)
Jennie, I like the idea of sharing our pics of little blocks. I'm just doing some random ones--some are in batiks, some florals, some uglies LOL. Your crazy cousin will happily join your group!

Great! I'll see if I can set something up through the moderators this weekend. In the meantime, you can post a few pictures here- I certainly would love to see what you have been working on!

MimiBug123 10-25-2012 02:42 PM

Jennie, your quilt is going to be absolutely gorgeous and I love the way you are choosing blocks that mean something to you. Great job and keep it up! I'd love to join your "little" group!