Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Oh the cutest Possum fabric I've ever seen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/oh-cutest-possum-fabric-ive-ever-seen-t95034.html)

moonwork42029 01-29-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well y'all, being from Possum Trot, we do have a "pride in our city" (even if it's only got an IGA, fire dept & MiniMart) so we display our pride by having a possum on the back of our Goldwing and wearing shirts that show our city name while we travel around.

Now while shopping at Hannocks of Paducah today (mmmm sales online DO NOT apply to any in store purchases I just found out ...bummer), I found the cutest fabric with possums all over it.

My DH happened to be with me (a 1st in the fabric store!!!) and just looked at me funny when I said I had to have this. I've already got a BowTuck planned out in my head so I can carry on the Possum Pride while visiting other areas.

Now come on...isn't this the cutest with such personality???

for me a Bow Tuck Tote...all for ME :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153093[/ATTACH]

mrspete 01-29-2011 04:01 PM

Oh my, how cute. I've heard of Possum Trot in a few other places, too, besides Beverly Hillbillies. You'll be the envy of town, for sure.

Quiltforme 01-29-2011 04:06 PM

Oh they are so cute!!! WE had them living under our home I still think they are cute!!

KatFish 01-29-2011 04:07 PM

That will make a very cute BT purse. Men just don't get it. A purse is an extension of who we are.

marvellove 01-29-2011 04:18 PM

Hope you post a picture of your possum purse. I had a baby possum under my office a couple of years ago, never seen it's Mom. The fabric does make the possum look cute.

Rntraveler 01-29-2011 04:25 PM

Yes, it is cute.... I did wonder though if George Jones might be in there somewhere...

Lady Tapioca 01-29-2011 04:26 PM

It is cute; I love it!

leonajo 01-29-2011 04:33 PM

I had a pet baby possum named Jack. He was a cute lil guy. We let him go when he got bigger, to live in the woods by the house.

love the fabric! . make a really cute block in a hunting/ outdoors theme quilt.

quilter68 01-29-2011 04:36 PM

Opie was in my basement. I got out of my car coming from quilt guild one night and something ran across my front yard. It wasn't a cat. I ran after it and it disappeared. The only place he/she could have gone was under my front steps. He/she ran along the top of the basement wall behind the insulation. There was a hole in the wood framing under the front door. That was his/her front door.
Insurance would not pay for its' removal but did pay to clean and replace all the insulation. Possums are not rodents. They are the only marsupial in North America.
The whole time was about three months. I just prayed that it wouldn't have babies. Then I would have to let them live there until the babies were grown. I checked the maps. You are lucky to be near Paducah!

sewwhat85 01-29-2011 05:00 PM

how cute