Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Oh Rhonda...see what I made!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/oh-rhonda-see-what-i-made-t19011.html)

Izy 04-15-2009 02:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you so much for the template you sent over to me, I finally got a chance to have a play this evening...lost a few points but overall I was fairly pleased with the result for a first attempt at it :D

Scrappy Bookmark
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32497[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 04-15-2009 02:23 PM

Fantastic!!! The piecing is really on target! Everything is where it should be!
Your choice of fabrics is good too! It turned out really great!!

I lose points all the time no matter how careful I am. Frustrates me but what can you do? I just do the best I can and I am a perfectionist in my work but I have come to a point that I realize most people aren't going to even notice! I can always point out problems in everything I do!!!!

Being able to talk to you and share pictures when you are in Spain and I am in Iowa just blows the mind!!

I was supposed to get to go to Spain when I was 18 but it never worked out. I have an uncle who lived in Moscow with his family (one son was born there) and he was a foreign correspondent for a Baltimore Maryland Newspaper and he followed Kissinger all over Europe. When they stayed in Spain I was going to go but there was alot of hijacking planes going on and I didn't get to do it!!

Izy 04-15-2009 02:28 PM

Oh what a shame you didn't make it, but I guess it was best at the time!!

I forgot to hand baste the pieces and just held them together mostly, as I hate pins, I think they distort little pieces too much :? I didn't plan the fabrics, just grabbed the little squares I had already cut ready for my mini 16 patches that will get done one day, my trouble is I can spend too much time waying up and I end up losing the randomness lol!! I promise the next one will be better, I even forgot to leave the gap on the side so just left the top open, which I slip stitched shut...I am quite often just too much in a rush to finish things.... :wink: Glad you approve, your work is so great :D

Rhonda 04-15-2009 02:45 PM

When I make these I just pin down the middle with 3 long pins when I put the top face down onto the back. I don't do much with pins but I discovered when I did classes in my home that some people need the security of pins. I like to tack when I need a pin instead when you make the Boston Blocks

I also think pins let things move too much or get in the way. If I do pin I usually place them farther back from the seam allowance because I hate to pull pins while I sew.

Izy 04-15-2009 02:47 PM

I love hearing everyones tips, well off to bed I go, see you all tomorrow :D

barnbum 04-15-2009 02:47 PM

That's beautiful!!!! :D

Izy 04-15-2009 02:48 PM

:D Thanks Karla!

jbsstrawberry 04-15-2009 03:09 PM

Izy! How awesome is that!!! Tan bonita amiga mia!!!

amma 04-15-2009 04:50 PM

Very Pretty :D :D :D Good Job!!!

butterflywing 04-15-2009 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Thank you so much for the template you sent over to me, I finally got a chance to have a play this evening...lost a few points but overall I was fairly pleased with the result for a first attempt at it :D

points? what are points?