Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   ok.. here is my projects.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ok-here-my-projects-t4631.html)

hannahsmom 02-18-2008 07:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few of my projects that are FINALLY done.. ha ha. The first one is a suduko quilt and it is sooo fun....

bj 02-18-2008 08:03 PM

Why is it called Sudoku? I like the quilt! Good job on it.

hannahsmom 02-18-2008 08:14 PM

because you get a suduko puzzle and then you get 9 different fabrics and you cut the squares to whatever size you want and then put a number on them and then whatever number comes up on the suduko puzzle then that is the order you sew them in. So there is only one of each of the materials in each row and each column and then wach nine square.. it is fun try it. Thanks..

bj 02-18-2008 08:58 PM

I figured that might be it. I love those puzzles, but they make me a little manic!

ania755 02-19-2008 06:24 AM

Nice job...we all like to see the finished quilts...makes you feel good...

sondray 02-19-2008 08:02 AM

Great job!

Love the fabric.

Sondra

jbsstrawberry 02-19-2008 08:07 AM

Love the quilt....never have liked the puzzles though! It sounds like you had a lot of fun doing it . It is pretty cool how you combined the two, suduko and quilting, who'd a thunk it :)

Diamonds 02-19-2008 08:09 AM

It is really nice... I have not heard of a suduko before..

Yvonne 02-19-2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by hannahsmom
because you get a suduko puzzle and then you get 9 different fabrics and you cut the squares to whatever size you want and then put a number on them and then whatever number comes up on the suduko puzzle then that is the order you sew them in. So there is only one of each of the materials in each row and each column and then wach nine square.. it is fun try it. Thanks..

We love to work sudoku puzzles in our family. I wondered how they had adapted it to quilts. Thanks for the explanation. Now, are you going to try for a 'samurai sudoku' quilt? That's 5 overlapping sudoku puzzles. :lol: More fun than sudoku people ever dreamed of!

I do like your adaptation. Lovely colors and great workmanship!

hannahsmom 02-19-2008 10:13 AM

oh no.. as much as i loved doing this little quilt i will not be taking on that challange. you feel free to do it and let me se.. haha thanks!

Originally Posted by Yvonne

Originally Posted by hannahsmom

We love to work sudoku puzzles in our family. I wondered how they had adapted it to quilts. Thanks for the explanation. Now, are you going to try for a 'samurai sudoku' quilt? That's 5 overlapping sudoku puzzles. :lol: More fun than sudoku people ever dreamed of!

I do like your adaptation. Lovely colors and great workmanship!