Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Okay Guys Lets Show The Ladies Some of Our Quilts!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/okay-guys-lets-show-ladies-some-our-quilts-t41725.html)

Lostn51 04-04-2010 08:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Since there has been a lot of wondering about how many men are on the board how about we show off our quilts and projects that we have done. I know there are some of us that have a list a mile long so I say just hit the top two or three that are our faves just to show them our perspective on this wonderful hobby! :-D :-D :-D

I will post a few of my favorites to get things started........

Billy

"Rhapsody"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44281[/ATTACH]

"Proud Mary" Reporduction quilt of my MIL's last quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44574[/ATTACH]

Happy Scrappy for my Son
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44575[/ATTACH]

Still a WIP but at least the top is done!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44770[/ATTACH]

mom-6 04-04-2010 08:18 PM

Very nice! Really, really, really like the first one!

Rebecca VLQ 04-04-2010 08:20 PM

Woo! :D

I'm gonna keep up with this thread. Thanks so much for sharing your projects!

jazzy519 04-04-2010 08:42 PM

Very pretty.

virtualbernie 04-04-2010 09:07 PM

I like the last one bestest of all!

Lostn51 04-04-2010 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

I really am dreading quilting that behemoth on my treadle!!! I know how I am going to do it but the logistics of the size of the quilt verses the area I am working with is mind boggling. I have to go to my neighbors house and use their game room just to pin the thing its so big!!:lol: :lol:

My quilting table is 140"x 36" and it is not going to be big enough for the quilt to sit right for me to work on it so I am going to build an extension and make it where I can have about 100" (deep) worth of bench to lay it on. Then I can work it like you would do a pile of mashed potatoes, hollow out the middle and work that area and move to the next. And I am going to use my Japanese 15 to quilt it. :thumbup:

Billy

virtualbernie 04-04-2010 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

I really am dreading quilting that behemoth on my treadle!!! I know how I am going to do it but the logistics of the size of the quilt verses the area I am working with is mind boggling. I have to go to my neighbors house and use their game room just to pin the thing its so big!!:lol: :lol:

My quilting table is 140"x 36" and it is not going to be big enough for the quilt to sit right for me to work on it so I am going to build an extension and make it where I can have about 100" (deep) worth of bench to lay it on. Then I can work it like you would do a pile of mashed potatoes, hollow out the middle and work that area and move to the next. And I am going to use my Japanese 15 to quilt it. :thumbup:

Billy

Take pics of your progress. I'm interested in the extension you'll be making. :D

Gramof6 04-04-2010 10:59 PM

Beautiful quilts! You do very nice work! Can't pick a favorite as they are all very nice. Keep up the good job!

fabric-holic 04-05-2010 02:15 AM

I love the one for your son the most. I may have to use that idea for one of my SILs. He loves stripes.
And you own a treadle? Oh I'm so envious. I used to have one but my step-daughter took it when she got married then gave it away a year later!!! I'm still not over it.

rootyr 04-05-2010 02:41 AM

Love them all!