Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Old, poorly made, damaged......somewhat repaird and redone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/old-poorly-made-damaged-somewhat-repaird-redone-t14428.html)

jacquemoe 12-14-2008 08:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This had to have been the second quilt I ever made. I made it for my dh and he loved it (becaue I made it for him). I took it apart but not the blocks and my goal was just to keep it from falling apart and make a few repairs. Apparently I knew nothing about joining corners. As I took it apart, I realized that I had used the birthing method AND added binding. What was I thinking??? I had also tied it but never finished tying it. To make a long story short, I let my dh choose a freehand design for me to practice. About 1/3 of the way done, he wanted me to put a P-40 airplane in the middle. I'll try anything once. After I first made the quilt, I realized that it was our University's colors, UNLV Rebels. Nothing to brag about, it's only a project I chose to do for my dh and get practice at the same time.

ljsunflower 12-14-2008 08:58 PM

Jackie, you just get better & better with your quilting! It's beautiful.

sewnsewer2 12-14-2008 09:00 PM

Very nice job!

Shelley 12-14-2008 09:02 PM

Jackie, that looks great! I have a couple I'd like to re-do...just need some time.

I think it's part of our growing process. I look at my 'earlier' works and just cringe. Yet, I celebrate each new quilter's success. Funny how we're so critical when it's our own work.

mgshaw 12-14-2008 09:03 PM

Well that is darn sure some beautiful practice work!!!!! Isnt it fun to go back and look at those first quilts??? :lol: :lol:

Jim's Gem 12-14-2008 09:09 PM

Beautiful quilting!! I love your P-40 in the middle. If I show this to my DH he will will want a P-3 or C-130 on a quilt for him. Maybe I will tell him that if he buys me a long-arm, I will try to put one of his airplanes ona quilt for him.
You did a great job!!!

ScubaK 12-14-2008 09:24 PM

I was just looking at some of my "earlier work" in quilting...
My circles have dents in them...hehe!
I don't want to redo any...
As for yours...
I love the plane in the center...the quilting is great and GO!!! UNLV!!!!
Kirsten

jacquemoe 12-14-2008 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Beautiful quilting!! I love your P-40 in the middle. If I show this to my DH he will will want a P-3 or C-130 on a quilt for him. Maybe I will tell him that if he buys me a long-arm, I will try to put one of his airplanes ona quilt for him.
You did a great job!!!

You mean to tell me your dh is into planes too? Could he possibly be as obsessed with them as mine? Thanks for the compliment. Oh, definately, you need a longarm for airplanes, :lol:

Jim's Gem 12-14-2008 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
You did a great job!!!

You mean to tell me your dh is into planes too? Could he possibly be as obsessed with them as mine? Thanks for the compliment. Oh, definately, you need a longarm for airplanes, :lol:

My Dh was an aviator in the Navy for 20 years. He flew P-3, & C-130The most. His favorite aircraft are the old PBY's that land on the water. We have pictures of his planes and models of them all over the house!!!

Izy 12-15-2008 12:05 AM

Jackie, how old is this quilt, it looks brand new :shock:

Your quilting is amazing, you did that all free hand?????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

You are a born natural quilter, well done on the plane it looks fantastic :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: