Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One Mistake Leads to Another Update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-mistake-leads-another-update-t188942.html)

nstitches4u 05-15-2012 01:43 PM

Very pretty and unique quilt. Your dear hubby looks so proud of it. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hugs, Norma

ccb2200 05-15-2012 01:46 PM

So sorry about your husband. Glad he could see the quilt before he passed. Love the quilt.

faykilgore 05-15-2012 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by klutzyquilter (Post 5219201)
I have tears in my eyes as I look at how happy your hubby looks and how delightful the quilt is. Glad you have this joyful picture which will serve as a reminder of how happy you made him.

I too immediately teared up seeing his radiant face and reading your post. I lost my husband four years ago. To share the power of quilts, once we moved a hospital bed into our bedroom, it was the quilt his grandmother made for him as a boy that he wanted to sleep under. Big hug and shared tears. I'm thankful to have been loved by such a wonderful man, but I still cry over losing him.

lisajane 05-15-2012 01:55 PM

I think you had posted this quilt one other time....because I remember seeing it in another post, and admiring it. It is a beautiful quilt. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I know you and your family are devastated. Stay strong, prayers are with you.

QuickStitch 05-15-2012 03:07 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. It sure is a beautiful quilt, and I'm sure that made him glad to be able to look at it all the time. I would frame this picture beside the quilt as this is a really good picture. May God be with you and your family during this time and always.

Lady Jane 05-15-2012 03:11 PM

I'm so glad that he got to see it. My heart goes out to you.

hairquilt 05-15-2012 03:47 PM

So sorry for your loss also! Wonderful that he was able to see it & that will mean a lot to you ! Your in my prayers!

burchquilts 05-15-2012 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5216073)
What a wonderful final picture you have to remember your husband.
It's a beautiful quilt ... and the joy is all over his face!

My best wishes to you, in your now changed life.
Keep quilting .. it's good therapy!

I couldn;t have said it any better myself. I'm so sorry for your loss.

southernmema 05-15-2012 04:16 PM

Now that the tears have stopped I can say from experience that we never know what we might encounter just around the corner. I loved your quilt when you first posted it, and thought your husband treasured it too, but I love it even more now....and I would imagine you do too. He knew you loved him greatly and I know you will miss him terribly. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. linda

mcdaniel023 05-15-2012 04:44 PM

You can tell how proud he was of this quilt. May your memories bring you comfort in the days to come.